• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended PSU's - True/Tested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just ordered an EVGA 850W GQ, should be in today. Jonnyguru says their a great unit at a lower cost. LINK. I'll let you know if its DOA lol.

I'm a big fan of the EVGA 550 G series. I've used two in builds and they work flawlessly so far. One was shipped via Greyhound bus 3000 miles, lost in transit, found in the corner somewhere in Albany, and the rig arrived in MA form AZ 3 weeks after it was shipped. Box looked like hell but it fired right up and works fine. No magic smoke, no funny noises, no brown outs in the tower. :)

Last edited:
I can also confirm that my EVGA Supernova 850 GS is working perfectly ;) Replaces a Superflower Leadex 850 that started rebooting over and over again :'( It lasted for a good 2.5 years though and it was on 24/7 :D So I can't complain...

I have one ocz stealthxtreme and i want change it with one 650 750 or 850 i have see fsp hydro g seasonic and corsair hxi or rmx for stable oc and gaming what do you think of my choice?

Last edited:
Ok guys for 1 or 2 gpu an RMX and HXI/AXI 750 is a good idea?
My new psu will be an fsp hydro g or aurum

Last edited:
I'm looking to pull the trigger on a 1080 ti to replace my 1070. At the same time, I'm going to switch my psu for a full modular unit (finally).
Specs of my gaming rig are in my sig, only change will be the gpu and psu. I've been using corsair for so long, I'm out of the loop on who makes good psu's any more.
Im guessing around 650w should suffice, please correct me if this is off.
Any recommendations on brands to look at or stay away from? Ive looked at EVGA and Corsair ones, but I don't know who else makes good units anymore.

I'm looking to pull the trigger on a 1080 ti to replace my 1070. At the same time, I'm going to switch my psu for a full modular unit (finally).
Specs of my gaming rig are in my sig, only change will be the gpu and psu. I've been using corsair for so long, I'm out of the loop on who makes good psu's any more.
Im guessing around 650w should suffice, please correct me if this is off.
Any recommendations on brands to look at or stay away from? Ive looked at EVGA and Corsair ones, but I don't know who else makes good units anymore.
Seasonic is still cranking out very solid units.

I use jonnyguru for my reviews. It's the most in-depth and trust worthy site for PSUs IMO.

Seems the toughpower series are pretty good. Just google jonnyguru and the series you're considering.

Personally I have mixed feelings to thermaltake, some their PSU are good, some are average but they are not convincing me to spend money on their hardware. Too many various issues with their hardware, mainly small issues but clearly design flaws.
I would stick to Corsair or EVGA. These 2 brands have solid and good looking units ( that second thing is not so important but still counts ).

Does anyone know why EVGA SuperVova PSUs are getting shorter warranties? 650 G2 and G3 are two years? Even Rosewill beats that. The 550 G2 warranty used to be 10 years, it's down to nine now.

Does anyone know why EVGA SuperVova PSUs are getting shorter warranties? 650 G2 and G3 are two years? Even Rosewill beats that. The 550 G2 warranty used to be 10 years, it's down to nine now.

650 G2 and G3 is 7 years per EVGA's website?

Back