• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant OC His 4850 Turbo past 680 core.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have two Sapphire 4850s and 700 on core stock. Bios flash only got me to 720, I have heat issues now since uping the v-core through the bios flash.

I can bench up to 740 but the cards overheat with 100% fans...

Just purchased a His 4850 Turbo card
was hopping to oc it to 700
now i'm worried i can't...
crossing fingers i get a good batch, will update when it arrives.

My load temps after the voltage mod are something like hmm 55 degrees celsius at 685/1100.

There are never guarantees as to how much you can overclock a chip. As long as it runs stable at its factory speeds, there is really not much to complain about (other than your luck). But seeing as you probably bought it due to the promising cooler, I can understand your frustration.

I'm surprised the dealer let you return it. There are even some people who'd say it's unethical to return cards just for that reason, but I'm surprised nobody has flamed yet ;).

I've also had "crappy" chips on 2 of my 3 last graphics cards, both from sapphire. They just won't OC more than 20 Mhz without having to resort to some heavy voltmods, and people on the net were reporting monster OCs all over the place.

dan

thankfully they didn't have any in stock and i got it replaced with the his 4870 turbo.
this card can be OCed but artifacts show up, even with only a 1090 (+90) oc on the memory.

i really think his made some adjustments and made their turbo cards not very OCable.

Back