• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock DUALSATA2 memory questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Special7

So I just purchased a memory kit on newegg (2x1gb pc3200) for $40, I currently have 1gb (corsair xms 2x512) just wanted to know if I'll have any issues running all of my sticks together? and be able to keep dual channel Thanks. Btw I pretty much upgraded for GTA IV. :p

It should work, but you'll have to loosen the timings to match the slowest sticks, and also remember to set the command rate to 2T. You might also not be able to overclock as high, although it doesn't appear that you have a huge overclock anyway, so you probably won't find much of a limitation there. And yes, dual channel will work with four sticks.

Thanks man, my corsair is crap anyways it doesn't run at the 2-2-2-5 like it is supposed to never has, so I run it at cas 3 like my new ram is going to run at so I think I am good.

Tight timings like that often require higher than stock voltage, maybe that's the issue. Never heard of anyone else having trouble running Corsair at stock before now. Guess it's a moot point anyway since you'll be loosening the timings ... ;)

yeah i had the same prob w/ my corsair even w/ vram mod ... wasnt able to run stk speeds ... i some muskin value that worked great ... had to under clock it to get it to work

Had the same issue on my XP system which was a ABIT NF7-S Rev 2.0, on that board I ran about 3v into them and they still didn't run at the factory timings even the rma'd ones did the same thing, corsair in my books sucks. :p I'm hoping the G.Skill I orederd is decent.

I'll have any issues running all of my sticks together?

Test the performance. I think the Asrock boards were supposed to take a hit with mixing ram.

Well they don't play nice together, random reboots etc. So I decided just to keep the G.Skill in, 2GB is plenty on XP.

Back