• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions wanted...paint color for interior of case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
Hi guys...

I'm just about ready to get the case (my 4Q full tower) painted, and was wondering if I could get some ideas/advice on a good paint color for the interior of the case..

I'm planning on having lighting inside, but haven't fully decided on whether I'll go with a neon green, or black lighting...

I'm leaning towards the green...;) (it goes well w/ the stars...lol)

Any thoughts??

TIA!!

well you could use a refective paint.. to make the incase look brighter..

esp if you get a UV cold cath ;)

but if not.. id say silver/chrome aslo

Well if you want something that would accent the green go with a Lime green paint, just my opinion on that, I am doing a Lime green interior and a Black metallic exterior for my upcoming mod. Just need some good weather for once to do so.

J

SpeeDj said:
Well if you want something that would accent the green go with a Lime green paint, just my opinion on that, I am doing a Lime green interior and a Black metallic exterior for my upcoming mod. Just need some good weather for once to do so.

J

sounds good...
what case are you doing this too?
my antec case is gonna be black/clear coated then i may do a silver inside..

I forgot to mention...the guys at work in the body shop (I'm at a Pontiac dealership now...;) ) will be painting this for me, so automotive paint will be used...

I was thinking white, which would reflect a lot of light, might be best. Sounds like that's the right idea, from the comments above. Reflect as much light as possible.

I've been toying with the idea of a "battleship grey" (or something as close as possible) for the exterior...

Where the XP runs 1702....maybe put lettering on one of the open drive bays:

NCC-1702- A
PALAMINO

Or then, maybe not....lol:D

Thanks for the ideas thus far...keep 'em comin' :)

SpeeDj said:

J

I can't recall any lime green Pontiacs ever being made...lol. I'd really like to have the guys at work paint it up, instead of spray bomb it...

Dissolved said:

you get my pm about the TBIRD?

Yes...I'm waiting for the wife to finish writing out the bills...see what the $$ situation for the week is. I'll let you know....

Mr B said:

Yes...I'm waiting for the wife to finish writing out the bills...see what the $$ situation for the week is. I'll let you know....

aight.. pm me when u know.. ill probly order the cpu be4 the weekend..
thanks

Paint it the same color as the light you are going to be used (lime green I guess) becuase the the green light will reflect off the green surface. This is how humans see, by the light boucing off of a surface. So the green paint will absorb every color but green, making your light brighter. Dont you just love science???

I am going to paint it, I am. I just want to spend as much time with it as I can before it's ugly. Man if I could paint like that it would be done tommorow.

Mr B said:

I can't recall any lime green Pontiacs ever being made...lol. I'd really like to have the guys at work paint it up, instead of spray bomb it...
What about the detroit muscle era, I mean ford had grabber blue for crying out loud. Or perhaps new pontiacs something like a Forest green metallic I know they used that color quite a bit.

J

I just got a spiffy idea. How about you paint the inside jet black, then speckle it with some black light responsive paints to make it look like space inside, or to make it look like that one scene from batman where that chick invades the gangsters hideout.

SpeeDj said:
What about the detroit muscle era, I mean ford had grabber blue for crying out loud. Or perhaps new pontiacs something like a Forest green metallic I know they used that color quite a bit.

J

I'm sure MOPAR had something along those lines.:)

gunmetal (from a hobby shop) really kicks *** or a bright white so it'll glow when you switch on the blue light:D

Back