• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte UD3P/DS3R both have Dolby Live?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Essenar

Gigabyte UD3P/UD3R both have Dolby Live?

I'm putting together a new rig for 2009, here's what I plan on using:
Dual core E5200 over-clocked as high as 1.375 voltage, not higher.
2x2gb memory with at least 4-4-4-12 /2t timings
G.Skill 128gb SSD hard drive for software
Seagate 320gb SATA 7200rpm 16mb for storage
Over-clocked video-card - 9600GSO now, 4870/260 in the future
Bluray drive dvdrw combo
Fan controller

Here's the thing. The PC is going to be my video watching machine as well and I don't want to use a 5.1 PC speaker kit. My receiver will be my source. I don't have an HDMI receiver and don't plan on getting one soon, so my primary source of audio connection is the optical SPDIF.

The Gigabyte P35-DS3R I have now doesn't do Dolby Live though, so I only get 2.0 unless I'm watching a DVD and using VLC so I can stream the DTS/Dolby digital track.

I'm more of a single card kind of guy. So for all intents and purposes, is the UD3R the same as the UD3P? So I can get the UD3R and have Dolby Live.

Also, how is this board at over-clocking quads? I want to upgrade to a Q9550 sometime during the year.

Just checked the web site and answered my own question.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P supports Dolby Live but the EP45-UD3R does NOT.

Last edited:
I'm putting together a new rig for 2009, here's what I plan on using:
Dual core E5200 over-clocked as high as 1.375 voltage, not higher.
2x2gb memory with at least 4-4-4-12 /2t timings
G.Skill 128gb SSD hard drive for software
Seagate 320gb SATA 7200rpm 16mb for storage
Over-clocked video-card - 9600GSO now, 4870/260 in the future
Bluray drive dvdrw combo
Fan controller

Here's the thing. The PC is going to be my video watching machine as well and I don't want to use a 5.1 PC speaker kit. My receiver will be my source. I don't have an HDMI receiver and don't plan on getting one soon, so my primary source of audio connection is the optical SPDIF.

The Gigabyte P35-DS3R I have now doesn't do Dolby Live though, so I only get 2.0 unless I'm watching a DVD and using VLC so I can stream the DTS/Dolby digital track.

I'm more of a single card kind of guy. So for all intents and purposes, is the UD3R the same as the UD3P? So I can get the UD3R and have Dolby Live.

Also, how is this board at over-clocking quads? I want to upgrade to a Q9550 sometime during the year.

Just checked the web site and answered my own question.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P supports Dolby Live but the EP45-UD3R does NOT.

I've got the UD3P and it's a great motherboard but you should be aware that if you want any of the Soundblaster software to run with it you cannot run Vista-64 as it's not compatible.

Back