• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What cooler for 8800GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blakehenry00

What are a few good coolers for the 8800GT? Not wanting to spend more then $35 each, passive ones are perfect too. Just name a few so I get an idea. Thanks. :beer:

Arctic Cooling Accelero and Thermalright HR-03 are pretty much the best, however both require that you add your own fan if you want/ require active cooling. If you are running SLi (the coolers are for Rig 2 in your sig?) that may limit some choices due to space restrictions.

img2219fd3.jpg

nuff said :) (always wanted to say that)

anyway those 2 are great coolers and while they are not 8800GT's it will work, at least the S1 rev2 will work.

Note that i have to cut one of the fins for the sli bridge to work. and with fans the 2 cards and coolers took up 6 slots.

AC S1 Rev2... cheap and good cooling... i would normally recommend thermalright... but the AC S1 works like a friggin charm on the 8800gt.

If you want a lowerprofile cooler you could also go with a zalman VF900 and then grab a set of 8 more zalman ramsinks to cool all necessary components.

The $20 price tag on the AC S1s very attractive, And yes, they are for rig two. There is two slots below each card, Should it fit? Thanks for all the replies :)

+1 for the AC Accelero S1 Rev2. Here is a pic of my 8800GT with it and two fans. My GPU load temp is currently 64C running the folding@home GPU client.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Back