• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone try out new Nvidia 181.20 Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
XP32 so far so good with Fallout 3 and FEAR multi player. Didn't compare fps between versions though. I hope my plasma tv works with this version. I'll go try it out now....

EDIT: Ok, for some reason ever since I upgraded to this gtx 260 216 and the 180.48's, I can't seem to use my main monitor as primary when it's plugged into the dvi port it used to be plugged into on my 8800gt. I got it to work by switching plugs and telling it to use the crt as primary but it takes awhile for it to cycle through the plasma, realize it's off, and turn on the crt. Kind of annoying because I can't see any of the booting up text. By the time the crt comes on I'm already in windows. Oh well not the end of the world I guess.

Last edited:
I've been using the 181.00's for a few weeks now, and they're the first drivers since 177.79 that actually work properly for me. All 178's and 180's were causing instability. But the 181's fixed it. Haven't tried 181.20 yet, seems like they're the same thing except with one or two extra features for the new GTX285/295 added.

Last edited:
okay, I think I'll upgrade to the new ones, thanks guys! Any particular way I should install the drivers? (ie should I reinstall the old ones first in some special way or just install the new ones on top of them?)

I'm having problems with Throttling on my 280GTX with these drivers. They just stay at 3D Speeds.

I'm Just going to Roll back to 180.48. They worked fine for me.

Last edited:
wish i was not have the throttling problems. i did a fc2 benchmark before then after the driver update and i get like 2 to 5 more fps but the weired thing is that i was not having that big of a drop it some areas. like in the graph and also my min fps was like 8-10fps more than it was on the 180.48.

who knows

Back