• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swap Zalman 9500 for TRUE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ERAUGrad04

Registered
I have been running my lapped Q6600 @ 3.0ghz with the Zalman 9500 for a little over two months now. Idle temps are around 30-32 and loaded with Prime95 around 58-62C.

I am wondering if I would gain a whole lot moving to the TRUE cooler.

Thoughts?

ERAU

Another problem with the TRUE is that you HAVE to lap the base to get that increadable performance.

The xigmatek is cheaper, and you don't HAVE to lap it (it's recommended though

I don't know if it's recommended to lap a heatpipe direct touch cooler. I've read a few stories of people cracking the heatpipes so be VERY CAREFUL if you decide to lap it and don't be surprised if you end up with a neat looking paperweight.

If the cost is fine and you're willing to lap then I would definitely say it's worth it. I switched my 9500 for a TRUE and run around 10c cooler than before with more of an OC and more vcore. I think I dropped about 15+c at the same speed i ran with the 9500.

Back