• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sale at Circuit City starting Sat.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sam, are you still the free neighborhood techie? When will you retire? :)

It was 10% off everything and 20% off DVDs here in hawaii. The prices sucked even with 10% off, but for some reason people were ransacking the place.

I guess they didnt know that 10% off an already overpriced product takes you back to about even with the rest of the retail market. I didnt buy anything.

Hahaha thanks, saves me the trouble of heading down there

Yeah, firing your best salespeople in a retail SALES environment and disincentiving the rest by taking away commissions, what a jackass move.

In return they end up hiring nothing but high school and college aged kids, on no commission, and no incentive to do anything. They cut out commission not long I think after 2001 & early 2002. I'm shocked they stuck it out for as long as they did.

So my boss picked up a Samsung T220 for the computer I am building him at CC today for $180.00. I would have to say that he got a good deal.

Went today, crappy crappy prices right now. Nothing was picked through. I guess everyone here knows Best Buy is still cheaper. lol.

There should be some deals within a few weeks, maybe.

It's sad to see them close. I worked there for 4 years while in college. I made about $30 an hour on comission sales. After they stopped comission sales they let all the good salesman go because they were only paying about $11 an hour to people who used to make 3x that.

Sadly I prefer to go to BB to buy anything since the stores are laid out better and newer. The prices are usually the same though. Best Buy seems to have more sales though.

just stopped by today again... some things were marked down to 30 % but mostly everything was 10% off a full msrp price... so ill give it another coupla days and another 30-40% and then ill start lookin at the deals.

Go in and hide stuff...that is the only way to get a great deal. The shelfs in the area where the cameras and stuff are actually pull up on the bottom and there is a several inch space in there. We used to hide stuff in there while we waited for the clearance prices to drop back when I worked there.

Go in and hide stuff...that is the only way to get a great deal. The shelfs in the area where the cameras and stuff are actually pull up on the bottom and there is a several inch space in there. We used to hide stuff in there while we waited for the clearance prices to drop back when I worked there.

lol GENIUS!!!! may have to go back and hide some stuff hehe.

Haha at Kragen the managers used to set all the misc crap in the back for 2-3 months and they would go on clearance for super cheap. DVD players and other weird items for an auto parts store, just misc crap to put on the shelves. I hope that CC gets some decent sales, these prices have been crap.

ima probably stop by tonight on my way to the gf's and hide some external hds or n e thing else i see worthy of buying if the price is right.

PC games will be 40... then 60 percent off in Chicago.

...you have been warned.

That's what happened with the FIRST round of Chicago Liquidations.

I picked up Mass Effect and some other game... can't remember.

But that's where it all starts.

Open box stuff should be marked down too. Hope they still have that Denon 7.1 Receiver that was $130... can't really mark up something that's open. That's probably gone now though.

I'll check them out tomorrow since it's my day off.

People are morons. I drove by one yesterday out in the NW suburbs of Chicago and the place was packed.

It would be better for all of us if people just shopped a bit. I mean, it takes 5-10 minutes most times to research prices on the web and walk away a much more informed consumer.

'

anyone else expirience this with CC closeout? sounds nuts!
that's what I've been telling people on another board. I refuse to spend any more there until discounts reach 50% or better, if that means I get nothing then so be it, CC won't be getting any more money from me.

I stopped into a CC over the weekend, and had the same experience as most others... the sales just sucked. It was kinda funny, actually, many of the 'discount' tags were placed in front of the original price tags on the shelves, obscuring the original prices. Move the 10% off tag, see that the original price was $10 lower than the 'discounted' price.

There was still a huge crowd of idiots buying stuff, though. Hey, if it works, I can't really fault the company for parting fools from their money. I don't plan on going back, though, at least not until the last days when I might find some last-ditch leftovers.

Back