• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sale at Circuit City starting Sat.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was a loyal CC customer for years. I went into one on saturday night to look around, place looked decimated.

I picked up some cheap DVDs (ones under $10). Wasn't a big deal since the DVDs were already very inexpensive anyway.

Bummer to see them go. They used to have some really nice sales at the one near my house.

well stopped by the one by my gf's house today and started hiding stuff all around the store.... hid 3 or 4 toshiba 2.5inch portable hds (250-320gb), a 160gb notebook hd, 320gb WD caviar blue, ddr2 pc 5300 1gb SO-dimm, and a ddr2 pc 5300 2gb ddr2 so-dimm...

I spread out my spots so if an employee found something he didnt find all my loot... now its just a waiting game for 60+% off.

... they deserve me hiding stuff and screwing them later when prices do go down (granted they dont find em) cus jackin up original price and marking it down saying its a sale is downright pathetic.

I didn't see anything that got me reaching for my wallet. Most of it was 10% off MSRP. However my son got some great deals on a Bluetooth PS3 BluRay remote and vibrating game controller. So the household benefited overall.

I'll go back this week and give 'em one more chance.

since their games are now 40% off, i bought some copies of wow for 12.99 and tbc for 17. no more lich king in stock :/ but i figured for less than the cost of a monthy subscription i could make a new account and use the refer a friend to get another free month and try it out again after quitting a few years back :)

since their games are now 40% off, i bought some copies of wow for 12.99 and tbc for 17. no more lich king in stock :/ but i figured for less than the cost of a monthy subscription i could make a new account and use the refer a friend to get another free month and try it out again after quitting a few years back :)
Even though I had told myself I wouldn't give CC another penny of my money, I must admit that I've done just that:(

I too went back to check out their game selection and ended up getting PURE for $32 and some change, COD3 for $10 and some change, and NFL Tour also for $10 and some change.

But on this stuff the price for the most part isn't dictated by them, it's by the game maker, so that's how I justified it with myself:beer:

I went in to CC the other day with my GF. She saw some guy she knew and said "I didn't know you still worked here." I interjected with "Not for long!" It was funnier in person.

I picked up a Diablo II battle chest for $17, but I was already thinking about it.

I went into CC once a couple weeks ago just to check things out.

They still had a couple laptops hooked up to the web. I brought up everything that I could in comparison to Amazon and Best Buys prices, just for comparisons sake. 8 GB SD cards, a model of HDTV, a camera that the wife wanted, a camcorder that I wanted.

CC prices even with the markdowns are downright obscene. I left.

I stopped in to my local Circuit City today.

Picked up Crysis Warhead for $15, and a Sony BDUX10S blu-ray drive for $75 (It is $160 at Newegg and $90 at Amazon)

just pulled the trigger on an arcade xbox for 139. apparently the other consoles went pretty fast but they still have a ton of xboxes still in stock. i really wanted to pick up a psp too :/

geez I walked into CC, there was so many ppl in that store you could hardly believe we were in a recession.

I wouldn't be surprised if at the last possible second CC cancels it's bankruptcy due to all the $$ they have made off of the deal seekers that are actually getting ripped off.

as soon as the Wii's hit 30% off, they disappeared... all 30 of em :(

Grabbed a CC house brand LCD mount for $4. Have a floating monitor now :beer:

Also grabbed a couple of the Antec tricool led 120mm fans for $6 each. Gonna head to another one thats like 5 miles from me later today and search for more fun stuff.

geez I walked into CC, there was so many ppl in that store you could hardly believe we were in a recession.

I wouldn't be surprised if at the last possible second CC cancels it's bankruptcy due to all the $$ they have made off of the deal seekers that are actually getting ripped off.

as soon as the Wii's hit 30% off, they disappeared... all 30 of em :(
CC is no more, CC is now owned by a handful of liquidation companies so for all intents and purposes, they're done.

CC is no more, CC is now owned by a handful of liquidation companies so for all intents and purposes, they're done.

Yeah CC already got paid out their pennies on the dollar for the merchandise, Now the liquidators are lining their pockets from having cash on hand to buy the stuff in the first place.

good luck to anyone trying to find anything useful at a good deal and CC. I went there, and the price was surprising high. It's cheaper to get things in BB with sales, than from CC under liquidation. I felt it is a scam for the price they are getting rid of their stuff. Blu-ray movies marked between $30 - 35 and then marked with 30% off. WTF..... I can get it cheaper at tower.com. Their display laptop, 10% off retail.. sigh......

It's really based on luck and what a given store has left in stock. I wouldn't go expecting any crazy deals but there may be some. I got some CDs for ~$6-7 each :shrug:

Back