• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sale at Circuit City starting Sat.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Added an update, I edited the 1st post with this tidbit of info:

update.gif
2/25/09
update.gif

The update is just a caveat emptor

Beware Circuit City closeout deals: No refunds on broken gear

If I was buying a $1500 TV I'd be opening stuff, screw what the employees say. Besides from what I can tell they're all (soon to be former :-/) CC employees so I don't think they have any incentive to really care about enforcing some 'don't open the box' rule.

If I was buying a $1500 TV I'd be opening stuff, screw what the employees say. Besides from what I can tell they're all (soon to be former :-/) CC employees so I don't think they have any incentive to really care about enforcing some 'don't open the box' rule.

I'd at the very least gently shake the box to determine if the new tv is a pile of glass shards.
You learn something new everyday, today the lesson learned is; In some States you can't do a credit card charge-back if the company is in bankruptcy, you're simply stuck with a dead product with zero recourse.

The manufacturers warranty excludes broken mishandled products, if it was defective, the manufacturer's warranty would rectify the problem, but a HDTV's broken screen isn't the manufacturer's problem, they'll only help you if the customer service person is in a good mood and takes pity on you. Then again the odds of getting a broken high dollar item is slim, but if you're the guy that that goes to Circuit City & buys a $1500 HDTV and find it smashed to bits, well that would truly suck http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/*****.gif

PS, I bought a new HDTV 2 days ago, I didn't go to Circuit City, then I saw these articles and glad I didn't pop in to see if they had any remaining HDTV deals

I wish somebody would have told the geek at my local CC that........me and my gf were in the store recently and she was checking out a mouse pad that had chinese writing on it and wanted to get a better look so she undid the flap and pulled it out. The salesman standing next to her said "uh ma'am, you're gonna have to buy that now since you opened it." I politely reminded him that the company for which he was attempting to enforce that rule was going to have him standing in the unemployment line in the coming weeks......he left us alone.

How about this: My local CC sold a guy a "5 Disc DVD Player" for ~$200. He was "shocked" to find out it was a CD player when he got home.

YES, he was an IDIOT, but the point is a manager at CC admitted that the salesperson probably lied to him, but ALL SALES ARE FINAL!

I wish I could get a news clip of this guy.. it was hilarious how shocked he was... just like some fool who lives in a flood zone who is "amazed" that his house (read: trailer) just washed away for the third time in 10 years.

wow ok who ever made this sign is gonna have a hard time finding another job.
http://reviews.cnet.com/2300-3121_7-10000261-12.html?s=0&o=10000261&tag=mncol;page

any way circuit city sales are hit and miss, most of the stuff at mine are 50%-60% off and even when they were 40% it wasnt bad. i got my Garmin 265WT for $200 where if i would have gone online and not bought from a scary lookin e-tailer it woulda cost me about $270-$300.

how ever i was in portland yesterday and i hit up circuit city's up there and it was a joke, their mark down were weeks behind the one at home, 20%-30% and that was it but the store was almost empty.

the employees dont care if you open the stuff most of them are talking amongst one another or are on their phones or something, i know a few people at the one here and i just popped em open and they didnt say any thing.

so if you go to Circuit City, open your crap BEFORE you pay for it, and if they say any thing then tell them to get the tape, your not buying any broken sh*t.

CC deserves to go out of business, the executive team was/is utterly and completely clueless. The irony is that the executives who ran the company into the ground will end up with another 7-figure salary somewhere else.

Niku-Sama- I just bought a Nuvi 680 with 1 year of MSN Direct for $178 on eBay. A 265 for $200 is not a good deal, that is a $125 unit today.

So the CC here is supposedly only has 7 days left of being open. It still has some laptops and desktops in it. I wouldnt mind picking up an hp desktop for 50% off or something but 20% off is definitely not good enough. If those comps are still there in 7 days do you think I would be able to offer them something for it? What happens to the stuff after those 7 days?

Back