• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Post Pictures of Your Leet System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's the current state of mine. It's cheap above all, but keeps everything cool as well.
The design goal was to give the two really hot bits (cpu gpu) outside air and to use their fans as intake fans, as they're the quietest fans i have.
There's a chromed blue led turbine exhaust fan to take some of the load off the intake fans, as well as the PSU fans which has been rewired to run full blast at all times.

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

comp4.jpg

It's 1337 alright :p

Why did you put green tape over the fan hole in the front?

The door on the aquarium stand stays closed and i don't want hot air coming out the front (cept a little bit to cool the HD, hence leaving that open) and filling the stand, as it would then get sucked right back into the case via the cpu/gpu fans.
I didn't leave it as an intake for two reasons, one is that i don't have any decently quiet fans, and the other is that i didn't want to increase the pressure inside the case as that would make the cpu/gpu intake fans work harder.

EDIT:
The green tape is masking tape, so it'll come off easily if i change plans.
The taped off front also helps in case my 11 month old son of infinite monkeys (you know, shakespear and such?) decides to try to put things in the computer, or drool in it or something.

I guess raid 0 vraptors goes without saying? Or did you add those after the pic? :p

Seems a waste to me, if you're going to spend, spend a bit more and get you some vraptors and more HDD's. Plus the case is just poor for the setup. But the 295's, holy crap. I'm considering doing that myself, but at least right now doing a step up to one, if not just getting a 285.

Even though I hate your fan setup, it has a totally sweet tonka construction site look to it. Plus the messy background only adds to that. It looks like the team just went home for the night after finishing that masterpiece of function at the sacrafice of form. At least get you some black grilles, though. Or one of those rad grilles so it looks relatively at home.

He can park that "sweet tonka" truck at my "construction site" anyday!!

here is a pic of the inside of my desktop: not as leet as all of yours , but it is silent, and has a decent overclock.

specs:
Intel e5200 @ 3.75ghz
4gb ddr2 800 ram running at ddr2 1000
OCZ vertex 30gb SSD
Cheapo IDE dvdrw
Nvidia 7300gs
Mini ninja
Pico PSU 150w-xt my pc uses 90W at full load, so the 150w of the pico psu is plenty for me :D

I would img it , but its huge, so here is a link http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/markp1989/CIMG5098.jpg

This is my newest rig. Sorry for the poor camera shots. Im not into film or anything and my camera is moderatly best at taking people photos at best. Anyway, I had a lot of fun on this build even though its not quite done yet. Im waiting on cable covers at the moment so excuse any wires showing. The blue turned out wonderful but it is really hard to take a picture of it as it reflects EVERYTHING including shadows. More pictures later...

Attachments

• DSCI0221.jpg
    DSCI0221.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 4,318
  • DSCI0212.jpg
    DSCI0212.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 4,308
  • DSCI0222.jpg
    DSCI0222.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 4,320
If you mount that CPU fan to pull air through, instead of push, it will cool slightly better!

Took me a minute to realize the CD/DVD is on its side!

I always thought it was better to push air through the cooler, rather then pull, but il give it ago and see how it goes.

i just moved the fan to the top of the heatsink, pulling air though, im thinking of ducting the fan to blow directly out of the gap where the original power supply used to be.

Last edited:
I'm the same way. I could switch my wallpapers once a day and not use the same one twice for over 5 years.

Back