• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Post Pictures of Your Leet System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1000th reply on this thread! Well anyways... the point of this thread was to show "leet" systems and everyone can agree that your system is probably one of the most perfect setups imaginable. Even though you ram only runs at 2100mhz @ 8-8-8-24 (those are some nice timings for that speed and capacity :drool:).

Thank you Exempt...that's still a pretty darn good speed / timing combination for all that RAM!

I (nor Miah nor anyone else) was trying make a huge deal out of it, it just felt wrong. Like xokeman said, if you really were running there, the rest of us would have just loved to know how you did it and what you did to get there.

I've seen 3dsmax 64bit utilize 24GB of ram. We've had to do 20,000 x12,500 pixel renders for a project over the past year, and it would bring those render machines to a crawl.

Ahh... I spy me a Cinema4D user!!!!
I gotta say that system you posted there Exempt is by far the baddest thing I've seen in these forums...
I'd love to get my hands on that much horsepower; maybe then I could do some nice renders with GI and Caustics ramped up to the max and they wouldn't take days to process.

Thank you Exempt...that's still a pretty darn good speed / timing combination for all that RAM!

I (nor Miah nor anyone else) was trying make a huge deal out of it, it just felt wrong. Like xokeman said, if you really were running there, the rest of us would have just loved to know how you did it and what you did to get there.

x2...if I came across as short, my apologies. Still an amazing setup, one of the best! :comp: It's the 2t that saves ya on the Ram speed :thup:

Starting New Build

I got this equipment about 3 months ago. Upgrading from a P4. Decided to go with AMD. So went with bare bones to get up and running. Now going through the process of upgrading pieces to make it an awesome build. I really like the case. I saw another poster had the Scout...I went with the sniper which is a slightly bigger case. It is listed as a mid-size tower but is bigger than some full sized towers I've seen. Anyway here it is.

Attachments

• 100_5617.JPG
    100_5617.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,485
  • 100_5621.JPG
    100_5621.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,478
  • 100_5618redux.jpg
    100_5618redux.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 1,468
I see you have an ultra PSU... I would suggest you upgrade. My Ultra 550watt PSU burned up my old rig under a max 240watt load... Not saying Ultra is bad, but from my recent experience I'd say go the safe route and get a PSU off of the suggested power supply list in the power supply section

I see you have an ultra PSU... I would suggest you upgrade. My Ultra 550watt PSU burned up my old rig under a max 240watt load... Not saying Ultra is bad, but from my recent experience I'd say go the safe route and get a PSU off of the suggested power supply list in the power supply section

Will do! I went cost effective to get it up and running. And now get to put together the parts I wanted to get.

Thanks for straightening that out Exempt....despite the error....your memory speed/capacity is very impressive :thup:

I'd still recommend fixing your speaker placement :p

Have you seen any issues, or come across anything that you would like to change about the case?

no i love this case 100% there is nothing wrong with it, plenty of space for even the largest graphics cards and the large fans are quiet and push air like jet turbines, and the led on/off feature is amazing

no i love this case 100% there is nothing wrong with it, plenty of space for even the largest graphics cards and the large fans are quiet and push air like jet turbines, and the led on/off feature is amazing

Yes I am in agreement with you. The fans push air great, but if want the option of going with smaller fans you can break it down into several smaller fans. Also in regards to fans if I'm doing some extreme OCing I can turn up the RPM's from the front panel. If I'm in the middle of a video chat, I can turn the fans down for silent running mode. Which is a great feature. Then to be able to turn the LED's on or off and substitute for different colors is really great. My hardest choice was to spend the extra $20 for the AMD Dragon logo on the side or just go with the matte black. Obviously I went with the matte black. The deeper well on the back panel (behind the mobo) is great for cabling and cooling. I can't wait to invest some money in a liquid cooling system and see how it fits in the case. Like you said about the large graphics cards the case is awesome. Last feature and I'm done. the quick release on the DVD slots and the hard drive columns are well thought out. They allow for quick swap out on drives and peripherials. Coolermaster even included the smaller bracket for SSD's. All said I was extremely pleased with my purchase. :rock:

Ah well, here's some internal shots of my main rig (in my signiture). Sorry about picture quality, the pics were taken with my mobile phone.

In day to day use all fans except the radiator and video fans are off. Case fans only get turned on for gaming.

I like the butterfly sticker, takes some balls to wear one of those :thup:

Standard sticker on the Super Flower Golden Green series PSU's. It just happened to be the best priced 80+ Gold modular PSU of decent quality available in my area.

The Kingwin Laser Gold series and NZXT Hale90 series are a rebadge of these PSU's.

Standard sticker on the Super Flower Golden Green series PSU's. It just happened to be the best priced 80+ Gold modular PSU of decent quality available in my area.

The Kingwin Laser Gold series and NZXT Hale90 series are a rebadge of these PSU's.

I had no idea there was a brand called Super Flower (I should have looked at your sig) and who exactly are they trying to sell to? Very few people want a butterfly sticker on an enthusiast PSU. :beer: :screwy:

I had no idea there was a brand called Super Flower (I should have looked at your sig) and who exactly are they trying to sell to? Very few people want a butterfly sticker on an enthusiast PSU. :beer: :screwy:

Their marketing is fairly typical of Taiwanese manufacturers. Basically they have no idea as to what flies in Western countries. Even the series name kind of sucks, as does their company slogan.

Golden Green, along with the butterfly picture I think represents the high efficency of the PSU, likewise in their marketing they tout the use of "green" components.

The company slogan is "Super Flower. Always Accompany With you". God knows what that means. Typical Engrish. :shrug:

In the end, who cares. If you place a great deal of value on how pretty somethign is rather than simply the quality and performance of the product itself along with a low price point, well, lets just say your values diverge from my own. :p

Back