• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Post Pictures of Your Leet System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a nice build. At first I didn't realize you had a backplate on your GPU and thought the fan was sitting straight on the PCB lol. Good ingenuity for cooling that heatsink. Was it getting hot from overclocking?

Thanks! I built it 2009 I think.. Updated through the classies here a year later with the x5690 from a 970, the mobo to replace a Gigabyte, and the GPU to replace the 570 I had, and bought the case about a year ago, or so.. Yes the fan helps quite a bit, and the GPU can pump out a ridiculous amount of heat, wich doesn't help.. I don't game too often on my pc anymore.. I haven't logged into steam for about a year now :cry: This thing is just used for movies, music, and to feed our apple products :facepalm:

My Fractal Design Define S build, I've posted all of the steps for the modifications I created here, http://mnpctech.com/fractal-design-define-s-mid-tower-case-review-79.99.html

1x Fractal Design Tesla Power Supply 800W
6x Fractal Design HP-120 cooling fans
2x Hardware labs 360 GTS radiators (1x top, 1x front)
1x Laing water pump with Alphacool top
1x Silverstone PWM fan hub
1x 24 pin individually sleeved
2x 8 pin individually sleeved
2x 12” Darkside white LED strip
1x XSPC 240 Photon Res
2x EK 970 GTX Strix Waterblock
2x EK 970 GTX Strix Waterblock Backing Plate
1x EK MX CPU Waterblock
11x Monsoon Economy Hardline Fitting, Blue
7x EK extender fitting
9x EK 90 degree fitting
1x ASUS ROG Maximus VII HERO ATX Motherboard
2x ASUS STRIX 970 GTX Video Card
4x Corsair Dominator Blue DDR3 (16GB)
2x Intel 520 SSD, 120GB
1x Mnpctech 360 “slotted” rad grill
Mnpctech PETG 1/2" OD Hard line liquid tubing

fractal_design_define_s_mnpctech_window_fury_390_gaming_pc_mod8.jpg

fractal_design_define_s_mnpctech_window_fury_390_gaming_pc_mod9c.jpg

fractal_design_define_s_mnpctech_window_fury_390_gaming_pc_mod1.jpg

fractal_design_define_s_mnpctech_window_fury_390_gaming_pc_mod9b.jpg

fractal_design_define_s_mnpctech_window_fury_390_gaming_pc_mod5.jpg

You can purchase custom Define S replacement bezels here, http://mnpctech.com/fractal-design-...esh-custom-replacement-front-bezel-plate.html

fractal_define_s_mesh_replacement_bezel_mnpctech.jpg

Bill, that rig would have been perfect if the motherboard didn't have those red accents!

Ohgod those expensive builds m9^^

DSC02514.JPG
DSC02516.JPG
DSC02520.JPG
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

That cooler's a h212 evo painted with plasti-dip. Has a 3770k running 4.7Ghz under it. Full silent.

I got 0 sound without headphones on cheap air cooling :D

My arctic hybrids are accumulating dust unusued in their boxes

Last edited:
Back