• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II Price cut.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuroimaho

In response to Intel quad core price cuts, AMD cuts Phenom II prices.

As of tomorrow they will cost:
Phenom II X4 940 - 225$
Phenom II X4 920 - 195$
(in tray of 1000 CPUs).

From XS xoqolatl.

Apparently the prices go live in Europe now so I believe it is true. Hope it saves a few bucks for someone. Link

Come now, that would be dishonest.

Would it?
I'll tell them that it is because of the price drop, I don't believe that it is against there return policy, and I'm not lying to them.
they pricematch with tiger direct and newegg, so maybe I'll wait and see if they'll price match

this is good to see NO?

Tks OP

now only if they would hurry with the am3 stuff

Wait now, is that the price that retailers will be paying (in trays of 1000) or is that going to be the retail prices offered to customers?

It's a 6% drop in price. Sales tax in my state. Not insignificant but I wouldn't be all that put out if I'd just purchased. I certainly wouldn't spend the time & energy to remove the chip and return it to a retailer just to rebuy at a lower price in a week.

Good for us, not so sure about AMD but they have to match I's new prices.

i was just thinking that, can AMD really afford to drop the price, but on the other hand can they afford NOT to compete with lower prices.. either way if they do nothing, they are screwed.

zipzoomfly already cut their prices....phenom II 940 = $230 + shipping, and 920 = $200 + shipping...

Back