• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what tools to overclock 9300m gs with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wiggy Fuzz

i have a hp dv3500 laptop. and i actually use it to play games - not as a full time thing, i transfer my saves back and forth across from my main pc and all. anyway, i've realised the games i would like to play are fallout 3 and bioshock. i'll admit, when i picked up the machine gaming wasn't my intention, portability was. but with bioshock i was gaming at medium detail levels with obvious slowdown where there's lots of smoke effects. and fallout 3 too, at medium (chugs badly indoors, though).

overall, i'm perfectly happy with this machine, i couldn't have asked more and sacrificed portability (at my price point). now i want to risk everything (including my lap) and overclock the gpu as far as it'll take it.

i already performed some lengthy stress tests on a flat surface and my temps were reported as 59* max. what would be a safe level for this gpu? would it be safe in the 70's? and what tools would i need (atitool won't let me use the sliders, even after i installed it after deactivating signed drivers - vista ultimate x64).

i know, i won't get mindblowing framerates, but i thought "well, hey. why not".

i would think riva tuner would work i am not sure though.
its at www.guru3d.com

you might not be able to get much out of it its already pretty hot i bet.

Back