• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows 7 becoming less stable already?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdf_warrior

I dont know what the deal is.. I installed Windows 7 when it first came out, ran great. I just swapped to a new hard drive the other day and reinstalled. Since then (doubt its anything to do with the drive) it dies all the time. Microsoft obviously hasnt figured out how to make things crash gracefully.. The whole prob is, it will just randomly quit doing anything. Mouse still works, moves around, start menu will still display and such, but it wont launch anything. From the start menu, command line, shortcuts, etc. It will not do anything. Restart button just closes all apps and stops. Shutdown does nothing. I end up having to just hit the reset button everytime. It does it if any app has a hiccup.. other times it does it at random. Has anyone else seen this problem?

thats a wired one. Check taskmanager next time it happens. try killing the explorer.exe process and then restart it. the start menu etc should dissapear untill you restart it.

sometimes my systems acts up and hangs briefly....I can live with it since this is a beta os and not the final version...so I'm sure it's still buggy and a lil unstable at times...if it wasn't then the final version would of been released already...

Back