• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid Controller That is Guarenteed to Work with Vista and OCZ Solid SSDs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

I have an Adaptec 2405 right now, and it just flat out refuses to work with my SSDs and Raid. I have loaded the drivers, flashed the bios and firmware and no dice with Vista. Strange thing is, it works with Windows 7 :confused: Pictures of benches on 7

HDTune.jpg

HDTach.jpg

atto.jpg

Anyone a recommendation on a controller that is guarenteed to work (preferably you yourself have used it with Vista, and OCZ Solid (or other OCZ SSD)), that is equal to or better than that controller?

Looks like Areca 1220 had good results as compared to ICH10R, no perc5/i results yet though (still googling)

yup that is the controller I have but like I said its hit or miss on Vista Support. Need something will guarentee that. Spent 8hrs on the phone with Adapatec Support, and the tech came to this conclusion and I quote "Adaptec Cards don't specifically support SSDs yet" Regular Sata Drives raid and boot no problem, can install Vista on them, but that defeats the purpose of having SSDs

Back