• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over to the Dark Side

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prime81

I'm new to this side of the fence as the last nvidia card I ever owned was a Ti4200 128mb. I just purchased an XFX GTX 260 Black Edition to replace my 4870 512mb. Are there any driver's recommended for this new card? With ati I always just downloaded the latest off their site, is this the same case with nvidia cards or should I stick with what is sent with the card?

It's the same with nVidia: download the latest drivers from their site. The nVidia System Tools are also a nice supplement if you want to overclock the card. There are other third-party developed drivers out there; I'm not knowledgeable as to which ones are the best.

Does XFX have drivers listed on their website? I know with EVGA if i use the drivers off nvidias website, they will work, but not communicate with the EVGA precision overclocking tool. So i couldnt even use it to see my clocks, temps, and FPS.

Id use XFXs drivers if they have them as they may have little features like that

Does XFX have drivers listed on their website? I know with EVGA if i use the drivers off nvidias website, they will work, but not communicate with the EVGA precision overclocking tool. So i couldnt even use it to see my clocks, temps, and FPS.

Id use XFXs drivers if they have them as they may have little features like that

Not neccessarily always the case. I use the 181.22's with my evga utility and don't have any problems. Imho it's best to use the certified drivers off nvidia's website. If your xfx utility does not support the drivers, just download the system tools from nvidias website and use those instead.

Btw I had that same ti4200! it took me forever to save up to buy it and upgrade from my geforce2mx back in the day.

Not neccessarily always the case. I use the 181.22's with my evga utility and don't have any problems. Imho it's best to use the certified drivers off nvidia's website. If your xfx utility does not support the drivers, just download the system tools from nvidias website and use those instead.

Btw I had that same ti4200! it took me forever to save up to buy it and upgrade from my geforce2mx back in the day.

I don't think I'll clock it, most likely just stock due to FPS gaming. But it's been so long since I've owned one that I haven't kept up with what drivers were the best.

I love my HD4870, but seeing the new 216 core and 55nm technology from nvidia opened my ears.

I don't think I'll clock it, most likely just stock due to FPS gaming. But it's been so long since I've owned one that I haven't kept up with what drivers were the best.

I love my HD4870, but seeing the new 216 core and 55nm technology from nvidia opened my ears.
you mean eyes .. right ?

Back