• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kinda take it for granted...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Special7

That is the inside of my pc, I always put off getting rid of the dust in my pc. While playing GTA IV I noticed my cpu temps roughly 57ºC, gpu was around 68-70ºC. My idle temps before my current cleaning was cpu at 46ºC for both cores and 56ºC for the gpu. Temps are now 27ºC/29ºC for both cores on my cpu and 54ºC for my gpu. What a difference!

One thing I like about my setup is the fan grilles that don't allow much dust in my case. Also, I usually like to keep the side panels off, so I can gaze at my hardware....I just find it more interesting than a black piece of steel. Thus, no dust really gets trapped in the system. Needless to say, keeping dust out of a system will always help temps

Do you have 120mm fans in your case? One thing I've noticed about all of my 120mm fans is that they don't clog up with much dust, compared to smaller fans that all clog up heavily, nasty, and rather quickly. Congrats on the temperature drop.

jamesman32 said:
Also, I usually like to keep the side panels off, so I can gaze at my hardware

I see significantly lower temps on my quad with the side panel off but I can't live with that much noise. A case window works just as well. :)

Back