• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$32 shipped Epson Stylus CX8400 all in one - Refurb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow! Mine came last night and I am so glad I spent the $32 for this. My wife couldn't believe I got it for that price. She made me order another one for her office this morning...LOL!

Silversinksam - have you gotten a chance to try out the scanner?

The above solve my streak problem. Geez, I didn't know you had the shake the ink cartridges. Now my print jobs are perfect, Thanks Silversinksam. :beer:

I used to do this when I was low on ink. It seemed to help sometimes.

I can't believe I just bought a refurb from Tiger for $45 for the same printer. I hate missing a deal. But the difference is negligible so it's not worth sending back.

I'm going to look in to the ARCs or chip resetting for my MP830 that I got almost 2 years ago. I don't think they were around when I got it so I stopped looking :( I like it a lot but it chugs ink like a frat boy chugs Natty Light.

Is this similar to the old non-chip refillings though where eventually the inkjets themselves on the cartridge wear out? Obviously it's still a better way to go but I'd like to know.

I'm going to look in to the ARCs or chip resetting for my MP830 that I got almost 2 years ago. I don't think they were around when I got it so I stopped looking :( I like it a lot but it chugs ink like a frat boy chugs Natty Light.

Is this similar to the old non-chip refillings though where eventually the inkjets themselves on the cartridge wear out? Obviously it's still a better way to go but I'd like to know.

I believe the chips for your model MP830 were put out last year. The auto reset cartridges have been around longer. (But they also cost a lot more than just the chips)

Ethre, My parents 50th anniversary just came and went, my sister wanted some of the pictures I had for the large digital picture frame we gave them, so I was scanning like mad with the new printer. It's a lot better than the Googlegear scanner I bought for $9.99 at Google half a decade ago, then again this $9.99 scanner is a donkey, anything would have been better than what I had. (I just don't scan alot, I might have used my old scanner 10 times if that, but with the anniversary scanning, I scanned about tens of dozens of family pictures. I have a 24" x 18" x 18" box of family pictures from before the digital age, thank G-D I only had to scan a small percentage of them. Because if not, I'd still be scanning them :bang head

Thanks SSS. If the resulting scans were decent enough to display in a digital picture frame, than they are probably acceptable for my needs. I'll have to consider the space saving benefits.

Back