• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

694T Pro??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knuckledragger

Registered
Howdy all.

Apologies for this specific question. I also posted it on the MSI Intel board but there doesn't seem to be anybody there.

I ordered a MSI 694T Pro MB from newegg.com last night. It looked to get good reviews and the price was right at $72 shipped. I plan to install a C500 in it for starters ($26 from ebay, new, retail package) and later on add the fastest Celeron or P3 that I can afford. My goal is the baddest system I can build for under $300 total and so far I've spent about $170 for the CPU, MB and a new case. I've got spare HDs, PC100 and floppy drives sitting around so they'll be free.

Anyway, is the MSI 694T Pro MB fairly easy to OC on? Tips? Thoughts? I don't wnat to crasy with water cooling or a peltier (I still don't understand how those crazy things work) but paln to simply "fan" the heck out of it. What's a good, cheap HSF?

Some day I hope to be able to afford a big-bad Athlon system but until then this is what I can afford. I spend most of my money racing cars. That reminds me of a great racing joke.
Q:How do you make a small fortune racing cars.
A:Start with a large one. ;)

Thanks in advance guys.

Knuckledragger

Back