• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

avg free scan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevlar93

My scan just finished and i got 174 warnings. They were all tracker cookies.

what is it from. I was not doing anything unusual. FB, google, news, OCF, Newegg, etc.

this was one of them

"Object name";"C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXX\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ha61b7as.default\cookies.sqlite"

always set your cookies to custom like the pic
screenshot12ag9.jpg

You'll never have a problem ever again, second you now will have the option to accept the cookies or not
Its hard to see what the cookie is from need a bigger pick or write the cookie

thank you i set ff to block all cookies.

i wrote an example of one at the bottom of the first post.

also change the update webpage to everyvisit of webpage it should be by default auto

what settings should i set it too? is there an option to scan every day at a time?

Yes, because we found Avira to detect more virii.

Just read the thread to find out how to get rid of nag screens that Avira free version has.

And use ccleaner to get rid of cookies that bother you.

Avira's free antivirus scanner has no antispyware support. AVG free does. What you are seeing as "Warnings" are not actual infections on your machine. They may contain information that you do not wish to share though...such as credit card numbers, which spyware may exploit. I personally prefer AVG, but to each his own.

I nuke my operating system partition routinely with a clean drive image as soon as I even think something's dodgy :) but what separate spyware software is good these days since it used to be that using separate spyware and separate antivirus products offered the best protection.

I notice that Avira Antivir intercepts Internet Explorer / Firefox cache nasties so there is a kind of browsing protection it seems.

For the record, I would have no problems ditching Avira if AVG's virus definitions were anywhere near as good, I test them personally every once in a while just to see if they improved and AVG still does not detect dangerous backdoor Trojans that Avira catches, on top of which the number of false positives is still high with AVG.

Do not use two Antivirus programs at the same time. Be sure to uninstall the first one completely before installing another one or the conflicts may mess up your system, I found that out the hard way ;).

Back