• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MicroSoft Office!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mad Butter

I just installed microsoft office and it wont work........It works but it will get into it and then immediately exit it on it's own......I dont know why.......I have uninstalled it and re-installed it and it does the same thing.......I think it just started doing this when I put my modem in........Any clue?????? thx.

-evan

sounds like some files corrupted somewhere. I assume its not a cracked copy, so de-install it again, reboot, tne do a registry search, and delete all references to the previously installed office software.
Re boot and re-install

If it wont uninstall properly then use system retore (for Me/2k/XP) and go back to before you installed the software.
Is it word XP, 2k...?

I know that XP and 2k both work with XP
2k definately works with win95, 98SE, Me

I got this same problem when I patched Office with the service packs from ms site.

I had to reinstall office again over the top.

K........Thx.......But i dont think that will work....I think there is an option soewhere ofr something cause when I take my modem out it wont work.........But when I put it in....It works for the first time I open any of microsoft office but then if you close it and try and re-open it.....it opens then closes real fast.......Any clue?????

Mad Butter, please post what version of Win you're running, and which version of MS Office you're trying to install.

drobb2, that's a great avatar. Well done!

originally posted by Mad Butter

Win98Lite and Office 2000

Sorry, what's Win98Lite, I've never heard of it, is it for laptops?

Have you got an existing installation of either MS works, MS word or an earlier version of office?

originally posted by klosters64a

drobb2, that's a great avatar. Well done!

:eek: oh shucks sir, wern't nuttin, but thank ye kindly for noticin'

Win98Lite is a 98 stripped of some of it functions which makes it work faster.

Mad Butter Try installing 98 fully not with Lite and see if that helps.

cant that be due to the page file size? how much memory do u have installed and how much is you page file set to?
just wondering.
also, r u sure that office2k can be installed in this version of w98?

Back