• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX does not honor warranty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My product was deleted because the gaming headset now uses the same product number. The headset was added the last time I signed into the account because I was checking my product number for any bios updates that might be available. I noticed then that I could sign in but had no item available to check so by entering my product number it adds a headset.

Like I said before, I dug the original box out of the closet and written by hand on the box was my product number and serial. Why, because I could not register without them and when it is in the computer they cannot be seen. I rember doing it anyway and checking off and on for several months for bios updates when the card was listed.

I bought the card and still have a reciept, nothing else should even matter. I cannot help that they deleted the model number and reused it for another product.

Well since they're starting to ignore you, try going through the BBB. Things are pretty fishy here.

Have you made them aware that the product number was reused and that's why it's showing the wrong item? If someone really looks in to it they might figure it out but I've worked CS before and not every rep will go that far and they might not even have the outdated info anyway - they would probably just look it up in the database that shows it as a headset anyway :rolleyes:

Not really a fair statement.

Just because a few people on the forums have had problems doesnt mean much. Also, more times than not, its the complainers fault partially or more that was the problem.
This is one of the problems i have with people posting these grievances in the vendor section.. They dont even CALL to talk to a person before complaining.. That IMO is not TRYING hard though to get your problem solved..
If you registered past the 30 days then you pretty much screwed yourself.
It seems that a noticeable minority of this forum blames the victim every time one of these cases comes up. Dude shouldn't have to jump through hoops in order to have an agreement fulfilled.

Well since they're starting to ignore you, try going through the BBB. Things are pretty fishy here.

oh god i love this, the trible B's always show up and you know what
THEY DO NOTHING!

all they do is:
"well so and so said this company is bad so we're going to make a reccord of what this person says and file it under the companies file"
"oh and this person liked this place but, we dont feel the need to do any thing so oh well"

the triple B is a CROCK OF BROWN STUFF!

theyre like a PIT of peoples complaints, way to go that what people want.

i had to deal with them for my mothers company and to be honest i was talking to them about renewing and i asked them.
what do you do for my mothers company.....
they responded that they keep track of peoples input to specific companies and relay them to us to help make the company better HOWEVER. we had very few complaints because, well....theres no pleasing every one, people who have cards declined or use a card we dont accept get ****ed but well thats the way things are, we arent a big company. so a few complaints and alot of things people liked about the place 20 year old company and the only thing we ever hear from them is WHEN WE NEEDED TO RENEW! thats it.
i asked what the people said they didnt like about the place and everything was all written in detail, and i asked about the good stuff....vague as hell, like they wrote down so and so likes this company on a list and put the date, no why or when the visited. complete waste of time and money.

so i said ok well were done have a nice day!

Last edited:
oh god i love this, the trible B's always show up and you know what
THEY DO NOTHING!

all they do is:
"well so and so said this company is bad so we're going to make a reccord of what this person says and file it under the companies file"
"oh and this person liked this place but, we dont feel the need to do any thing so oh well"

the triple B is a CROCK OF BROWN STUFF!

theyre like a PIT of peoples complaints, way to go that what people want.

i had to deal with them for my mothers company and to be honest i was talking to them about renewing and i asked them.
what do you do for my mothers company.....
they responded that they keep track of peoples input to specific companies and relay them to us to help make the company better HOWEVER. we had very few complaints because, well....theres no pleasing every one, people who have cards declined or use a card we dont accept get ****ed but well thats the way things are, we arent a big company. so a few complaints and alot of things people liked about the place 20 year old company and the only thing we ever hear from them is WHEN WE NEEDED TO RENEW! thats it.
i asked what the people said they didnt like about the place and everything was all written in detail, and i asked about the good stuff....vague as hell, like they wrote down so and so likes this company on a list and put the date, no why or when the visited. complete waste of time and money.

so i said ok well were done have a nice day!

Actually they helped me out quite a bit when I had some issues with Honda. I went in to talk to the finance adviser about redoing my extended warranty cause I saw a price that was cheaper online. Got all the paperwork filled out and 3 months later nothing happened. No refund and no warranty swap. Filed a claim with BBB and less than a month later I got what I wanted. The adviser said it would only take a couple weeks to complete.. So.. I kinda doubt this was just a coincidence.

I also had to go through a complaint with them when I worked at my previous company. I don't know what they'd actually do if we were at fault, but since the customer was an idiot for blaming us when our reseller was the one who lost his PSU there was nothing to say other than to put the blame on them rather than us. So they don't just gather complaints and do nothing about it.

It seems that a noticeable minority of this forum blames the victim every time one of these cases comes up. Dude shouldn't have to jump through hoops in order to have an agreement fulfilled.

Although I agree with that, it's their rules. If you don't follow the directions then it's your fault... and~ I'd hate to break it to some of you guys, but EVGA and BFG does the same thing(even though people seem to be spreading the love here)

All EVGA Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days from ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive our limited lifetime warranty. (All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty.)

http://www.evga.com/warranty/lifetime/default.asp

In connection with such Limited Lifetime or Ten Year Warranty, all BFG graphics cards introduced on or after February 21, 2008 must be registered on www.bfgtech.com within thirty (30) calendar days of the original purchase date to activate the limited lifetime warranty or limited ten (10) year warranty. Products not properly registered will be covered from the date of purchase by a two (2) year limited warranty in Europe and a one (1) year limited warranty in the US and other countries. Proper registration includes submitting proof of purchase to BFG.

http://www.bfgtech.com/warranty.aspx

I started folowing the bread crumbs trail to the XFX Limited Lifetime warranty by first going to Tigerdirects product sales page.

Limited Warranty: A full text version of the limited warranty may be obtained by mailing a self addressed, stamped envelope to the address below and requesting the warranty for item number: P450-7870

~You gotta love Tigerdirect

Screw that, back to XFX. Ok I put in North America and then select Geforce 7XXXX Series and then hit ENTER:

DOUBLE LIFETIME WARRANTY!! But if you registered the card after the 1st 30 days, you get a one year warranty, this two year warranty as explained by the XFX rep is making this info up. There is no two year warranty on this 7 series card that I can find.

You can look this up here Put in North america and the model card in the drop down box to read all the Warranty info pertinent to you, then call them up and ask for a supervisor.

PS, I own a XFX that came from Tigerdirect, but I didn't buy it myself from them, so I'm curious what the outcome of this will be.....

Attachments

• XFX.jpg
    XFX.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 990
Based of my past experience with tech support, the tech center will get nothing done.

Heres what I did to finally get my RMA moving:

Call 1-800-880-3225

Dial Extension 111 (this is Ryan the Tech Support supervisor)

Talk to him about it. He was the only one that seemed to get the ball rolling on this for me. Tech support just bounced me from story to story.

I'd be professional the first time, don't bring up the BBB or anything and see what they will offer. I did file a claim with tha LABBB which is the branch that covers XFX, because of tech support, it was Ryan that answered the letters from the BBB.

Good Luck, I know I've purchased my last XFX product as well.

When I bought my 8800GTS originally I did not register it for 3-4 months, didn't know I needed too. When I called in the RMA I was never asked for a copy of the receipt or even a purchase date. Not sure if the 8XXX series is different than the 7XXX..........

Last edited:
PS, I own a XFX that came from Tigerdirect, but I didn't buy it myself from them, so I'm curious what the outcome of this will be.....
The original owner will have to login to their ste and retrieve a reference number, so you can register it for yourself. I learned a lot trolling around their sites.

Good news, however,

[
BRIAN 2/4/2009 10:39:55 PM] Hi Jeff, we will be able to warranty the card for you. For proceeding with RMA service on this card, please verify your card`s serial number has been registered through our website. Indicate if you are using any features (if supported by your card) such as SLI. Please confirm that there have been no modifications to the card’s physical appearance or any unauthorized firmware/BIOS flashing. Also confirm that we have your full name, best shipping address for receiving a delivery with signature required (no PO Boxes allowed for our FedEx shipments) and telephone number posted in your Customer Profile online. Also, when everything is updated, you can email the ticket number to [email protected] and I`ll get you set up with an RMA. Currently, your profile is blank and we will need a return address before we can proceed with an RMA. Thanks, Brian.

Lesson learned. Whenever you do something on a website like register a warranty, take a screenshot.

The original owner will have to login to their ste and retrieve a reference number, so you can register it for yourself. I learned a lot trolling around their sites.

I read the same thing:

To transfer protection to a second owner, the second owner will have to register the card with the same Registration ID originally issued to the card. The existing term of the Protection will also transfer to the second owner.**

Good news for me is that my buddy I grew up with, he never registered it, I registered it within the first 30 days of being purchased. Got the card from my buddy, he bought the GF8800ultra at Tigerdirect, then he tried to stuff this foot long card into a 8" space.

He's a moron for two reasons, A; he bought it at TD, and B: He's an idiot for thinking a full size cards going to fit in a micro atx HTPC.

PS, He's a member here and he can defend himself but he won't, as the fact remains, he's a moron :beer:

Then again I may be a moron thinking the card is under warranty, in legalese, this XFX double lifetime warranty probably means it's under warranty for 3 hours and six minutes after you buy it. A lifetime warranty nomenclature these days is misleading, they don't mean your life, they mean the life of the product, many times, a lifetime warranty is only valid for the production lifetime of the product model.

Funny thing is that just before getting the E-mail that they would warranty it(even though they said I must confirm that there was no physical modification, which the warranty does allow) I had already decided to put a larger heatsink on the card and when I discovered that the metal ring was keeping the heatsinks from actually touching the GPU. I don't know if it had always been this way or the card warped over time but I removed the metal ring and reinstalled the original h/s with the faster fan. No more problems and the tems dropped about 10c or more.

I have already installed the new card and will keep this as a spare.

Hey guys, listen up. Limited lifetime warranty means just that, it is limited. You need to register within 30 days to get the full warranty. EVGA, XFX, BFG and ATI ( well ATI before ) all have pretty much the exact same warranty in terms of registering within 30 days. A lot of companies have similiar restrictions, its just business guys. Should have read the warranty. When I buy something and do my research so I know the company's warranty policy. Such as when I bought an Onkyo I looked at what their policies were for warranty and noticed if you buy a product online you need to buy from a specific dealer. Just be careful guys.

I'm well aware this is a three year old thread, but there consumers would benefit from knowing what the XFX warranty and RMA service truly entails.

Hey guys, listen up. Limited lifetime warranty means just that, it is limited. You need to register within 30 days to get the full warranty. EVGA, XFX, BFG and ATI ( well ATI before ) all have pretty much the exact same warranty in terms of registering within 30 days. A lot of companies have similiar restrictions, its just business guys. Should have read the warranty. When I buy something and do my research so I know the company's warranty policy. Such as when I bought an Onkyo I looked at what their policies were for warranty and noticed if you buy a product online you need to buy from a specific dealer. Just be careful guys.
Thanks for the tip, XFX employee. Seriously, the warranty is useless even if they do honor it. What they do is send you back a "re-certified card" which is simply another dead card an XFX technician tried to fix. That card only has a 30 day warranty (most of which will be used up as it is getting mailed back to you very slowly). This way, if the card you receive is dead, you then have to mail it back to them within a few weeks to get another replacement. And if that card is dead, the clock is ticking on that 30 day warranty. The idea is actually to mail you back old stock (potentially dead cards) until either you are lucky enough to get one that works or your 30 day warranty on the replacement card expires (whichever comes first). It is a pretty well thought out scam that most customers do not catch on to.

Does that mean every replacement XFX card is going to be dead? No. I'm sure some of them are bound to work. But they will no longer have a lifetime warranty. They can also arbitrarily refuse the warranty (stating physical damage) or send you back the card you sent them (so let them know you have documented all serial numbers on the product to keep them from trying that).

Last edited:
I'm well aware this is a three year old thread, but there consumers would benefit from knowing what the XFX warranty and RMA service truly entails.

Thanks for the tip, XFX employee. Seriously, the warranty is useless even if they do honor it. What they do is send you back a "re-certified card" which is simply another dead card an XFX technician tried to fix. That card only has a 30 day warranty (most of which will be used up as it is getting mailed back to you very slowly). This way, if the card you receive is dead, you then have to mail it back to them within a few weeks to get another replacement. And if that card is dead, the clock is ticking on that 30 day warranty. The idea is actually to mail you back old stock (potentially dead cards) until either you are lucky enough to get one that works or your 30 day warranty on the replacement card expires (whichever comes first). It is a pretty well thought out scam that most customers do not catch on to.

Does that mean every replacement XFX card is going to be dead? No. I'm sure some of them are bound to work. But they will no longer have a lifetime warranty.

It really sucks, I agree. Asus does the same thing. Say you have a mobo that is only 6 months into its 3 year warranty. You have to RMA your board, so you send it in. Well the serial on the replacement may only have say 6 months or a year left of warranty. And unfortunately with Asus, they determine how much warranty is left by the manufacture date in the serial number, not by the date you bought it. So you essentially could buy a board, RMA it, get a replacement, and have a much shorter warranty life then the original 3 years.

Back