• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matrix RAID performance problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike360000

Hi all, Don't get to post much anymore but I still lurk around from time to time.

Anyhow I have a problem I can't seem to find any solution for.
I have 2 WD 1600 YS drives on a Intel Matrix RAID 0. I originally done this with a new computer build 2 years ago using a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P version 1.

Originally I got a STR of app. 160 MB/S.

Fast forward, I updated my cpu to a Q9550 a couple weeks ago and in the process I had to update my BIOS to accommodate the cpu. When all was done I could only get a STR of app. 105 MB/S from my RAID 0. Other problems with the mainboard led me to update to a Gigabyte P45 mainboard (It is awesome with a oc to 4.125 Ghz on my Q9550) Problem is I'm still stuck at a STR of app. 105 on my Matrix RAID 0. I have reloaded WinXP several times in the process of upgrading and I have also tore down my Matrix RAID 0 and started it again from scratch. I'm using the default settings. (as if there are many settings to choose from....lol) I've tried to look for answers to this problem but to no avail, and the problem persists. HD Tune shows about the same results actually lower at app. 90 MB/S..

I have set up several Matrix RAID 0's over the past few years, the last being my office computer (I back my work up to eSATA) which was an Intel 965 chipset using ICH8. I used 2 WD Black 500 gig drives and I managed a STR of app. 170 MB/S on it.

Does anyone have a clue as to why I'm only getting 105 MB/S on my P45 mainboard?

Also as a quick side question. Does anyone know of a good cloning program that will clone Matrix or at least image it? Acronis wouldn't for me and Ghost I'm not sure of except they limit the number of computers you can use it on.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't get back sooner. I've been in the hospital....... :(
Thanks a lot for the tip... Looks like that could do it.
As for my main part of the thread, I guess everyone is at a loss?

Mike

Back