• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Online power supply calculator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite v2.5 is vary accurate it should be a sticky:clap::attn:

Has there been any actual testing to confirm this? If true then great.

But otherwise "sticking" a power calculator to reduce the number of "how much power is needed" threads is along the lines of closing all Universities because we now have Wikipedia.....

D'oh!! I should have known I wouldn't be the first to mention this.

Of course it's only good for a ballpark figure, but unless you can get accurate power usage figures out of the GPU makers, it's probably as close as you're going to get.

D'oh!! I should have known I wouldn't be the first to mention this.

Of course it's only good for a ballpark figure, but unless you can get accurate power usage figures out of the GPU makers, it's probably as close as you're going to get.

I've been doing some research on the eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite v2.5 and have found on the net that they are not basing video card power on manufacture specs it's actual real component testing, i've sent them a email to confirm this i hope they respond.

Quote:
Video Card wattages have been reviewed and will be listed based on real life 3D load tests (Not the maximum power consumption reported by manufacturers).

LINK:http://forums.cnet.com/5208-4_102-0.html?threadID=154331

Back