• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon Loves Me...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Is_907

So I ordered a EeePC 1000 yesterday with my Amazon Prime trial ($3.99 for overnight shipping... nice.)
It arrived promptly just before 5PM on the UPS truck and I tore into the packaging. Unfortunately, I had ordered a black netbook but received the white model. (I double and triple checked the order confirmation email and my account page on Amazon.) After a few minutes consideration I decided that I didn't mind the white but I still emailed Amazon to let them know a mistake had been made.
The reply was great. Either I could have them replace it for free (no shipping charge) or take a 20% refund. Yes, I was given back $77 just to keep the white version of the netbook.

Tonight is a good night.

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone else had this kind of experience with Amazon or if my case is unique?

Not quite like your experience, but I will say their customer service is top notch. I order quite a few DVDs from them. If they come in gummed up they will allow me to exchange them for ones that aren't. The one complain I do have about them as of late though is their packing. It's very hit and miss. Sometimes I get everything in a padded envelope and other times I get a box. The box is 1000x but they can't spend the extra $.25 or whatever to mail everything in them.

Back