How to take apart Toshiba A215?

I have the Toshiba A215 and now when I plug the wall adapter in the unit does not recognize it. After a process of elimination I've determineed the connection point inside the laptop is broken lose. I want to to take the machine apart to see if I can reconnect it. Any idea how to do so or where to find a step-step process or how to do it?
    "90% of my salary I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey; the other 10% I'll probably waste." - Tug McGraw

well managed to tear it all down and found nothing wrong on the inside that was noticeable. Maybe it's the charger.
    "90% of my salary I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey; the other 10% I'll probably waste." - Tug McGraw

how do you know the power charger is working, and if it's the correct voltage?
    i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz
    Thermalright Macho 120
    ASRock Z77 Pro4
    8GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz
    128GB Samsung 830 SSD
    EVGA GTX770 ACX
    EVGA Supernova 750G2
    Corsair 650D

Would've saved you alot of trouble to have a volt meter and just checked the adapter to start with =/

I don't have those items available to me. I had used it just a few hours earlier so for it to all the sudden not work, esp with no moving parts, I found it hard to believe it wasn't the machine.

if you have the motherboard out check around the power jack for looseness and see if it has a tight connection on the board. #1 failer of most laptops is a bad power jack

edit: you NEED a volt metter to diagnose electrical problems, go to radio shack and pick up a $12 volt metter

your post times are first post at 10:56 AM to 11:37 AM at the time you said you had it apart, a 1/2 hour tear down scares me as toshiba laptops are a pain to take apart, did you tear it down all the way or just part way?
    Last edited by Drew1Down; 02-22-09 at 11:52 AM.
    Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.4C 800MHz FSB ---> Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz
    Intel D875PBZ Motherboard ---> EVGA LGA 1366 Intel X58 Motherboard
    Kingston DDR 400 1.5GB ---> OCZ XMP DDR3 1333 3GB
    Maxtor 120GB IDE HD ---> WD 160GB SATA
    WD 80GB IDE HD ---> Maxtor 120GB IDE HD
    MSI Nvidia 7600GS AGP ---> EVGA Nvidia GTX 260 SC PCIE16x 2.0

I just tore it down to the motherboard so that I could see everything. It was a pain but I had already started. I'm a pilot for an airline and was stuck in a hotel room with limited tools. I'll go check the power adapter today.