• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to take apart Toshiba A215?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I have the Toshiba A215 and now when I plug the wall adapter in the unit does not recognize it. After a process of elimination I've determineed the connection point inside the laptop is broken lose. I want to to take the machine apart to see if I can reconnect it. Any idea how to do so or where to find a step-step process or how to do it?

well managed to tear it all down and found nothing wrong on the inside that was noticeable. Maybe it's the charger.

I don't have those items available to me. I had used it just a few hours earlier so for it to all the sudden not work, esp with no moving parts, I found it hard to believe it wasn't the machine.

if you have the motherboard out check around the power jack for looseness and see if it has a tight connection on the board. #1 failer of most laptops is a bad power jack

edit: you NEED a volt metter to diagnose electrical problems, go to radio shack and pick up a $12 volt metter

your post times are first post at 10:56 AM to 11:37 AM at the time you said you had it apart, a 1/2 hour tear down scares me as toshiba laptops are a pain to take apart, did you tear it down all the way or just part way?

Last edited:
I just tore it down to the motherboard so that I could see everything. It was a pain but I had already started. I'm a pilot for an airline and was stuck in a hotel room with limited tools. I'll go check the power adapter today.

Back