• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X3 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Look we all get hot it happens just gotta let it go and move on ley those who try to keep it going do so they will get theirs. But just on an off note it was more like Gang RAPE not a gang bang LOL!!!!

Yes it was LOL . Just so you know I just bought this .

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103471

AND this .

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186165

Case , HDD , PSU , RAM and video card will have to come later on . I am out of cash right now . So now tell me I am a fanboy !

Now that is OC Forum no bashing of this please:)

They may not bash me now but they will not apologize either ! :bang head .
I am looking forward to over clocking this new setup man this will be fun ! I also have to order a water cooling setup as well .

Guys accept what Trick said he is making peace:)

Who said we didnt accept it? I just deleted all the posts i made referring to his posts. And hes right i wont apologise but ill clean the thread up by deleting them.

Gl on your rig when its finished, although this is a thread about the x3 not the x4

Who said we didnt accept it? I just deleted all the posts i made referring to his posts. And hes right i wont apologise but ill clean the thread up by deleting them.

Gl on your rig when its finished, although this is a thread about the x3 not the x4

Yeah I know but I wanted you to know I am getting a PII x4 . I still think that getting a X3 is a waste and not some thing I would be willing to do not at all . But I am no FANBOY not by a long shot ! I am however excited now and have some thing to look forward to soon .

I can't wait to see the data you guys post here come next week.

Sno. I expect 5.0ghz nothing less from you :beer:

OK, i'm getting really excited now - I've made up my mind... Newegg, get some of these things on the website before I change my mind!!!

:bang head:bang head

awesome great to see as a community we can get along whether it be amd camp or intel camp. We all have a common interest here guys and that's taking our cpu's to the limit. trickson my friend my post was not to demean you in any way. You should be proud that you have a Q9650, they aren't cheap. If i had one you can get I'd be posting about it as well. Can't wait to see the results on the X3 guys. I'm still undecided right now. I don't know if i should get an X3 and be done with it or wait for the i5. The i5 seems like it wouldn't cost an arm or a leg to obtain. I will be waiting patiently, if not AMD here i come!

I'm surprised that I got 4 different people to buy an X3 720 BE. I should go into sales rather than Computer Engineering :D

It is nice to see friendly comparisons being discussed on both boards.

Chinky714, can I interest you in a 720BE?

zipzoomfly.com has them listed, but they're not in stock.

Newegg won't list them until they have enough to sell. Personally, I keep hitting refresh on the egg because I have a feeling they're gonna go VERY quick once they do appear...

Me either.... cmon newegg!!! Whats the holdup?
Dolk, I had my mind made up a long time before this!
What kind of computer engineering are you into? Still in school?
Satansangel, you can PM me with a price for that CPU..

My big question is what will the list price be... I've heard as low as $124 and seen as high as $159 that ZZF has them listed for...

I was just at frys. The 710 is listed as $124, while the 720 was listed at $144. Not bad. I would be tempted but then i keep remember that the Q8200 is around the same price but 1 core more. :O and with the 720 I would have to spend another $140 on a decent motherboard which would kinda bring it over the top.

Mxthunder, this is a fools dream but I hope to design Mobos some day. Right now I am at Missouri Science and Technology (former University of Rolla Engineering)

I would love to buy the 720, along with many many other things for my computer right now. Most likely I'll get all of this stuff sometime in the summer.

Back