• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X3 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah LOL .
Yes I really am excited about this I can hardly wait to see just how high this CPU will go . I have to get tons of new things so it is going to take some time I think I listed the things I am getting ! AMD really does ROCK and just looking at the OC some are getting 5.5 GHz is my new goal !

Doubt youll hit 5.5 without some EXTREME cooling, not just a liquid system either lol

Icebob, chill, the man has been cool. Lets just forget about the incident.
Got it man but I will keep an eye open:) just kidding the hockey game just began ( mtl vs edm) so I will have time to chill down a bit, but still that kind of behavior should not be tolerate in a so well respected board

Flashing the bios in windows:eek: not sure about that

Most of the files for bios updates are available on the manufacturer website downloadable in .iso format. So download the bios update, write to a cd-r or basically any cd/dvd. Send it with the cpu and tell him to run it like a windows installer. ( put in cd tray and restart computer, instead of booting into windows it will load the cd.) or atleast that's how my bios worked. I just had to enable bios overwriting.

Also, keep the whole intel vs amd wars down. Half the reason you got owned ,trick, was because if any amd guy goes into an intel forum that would happen to them and vice versa with amd. So lets all take a chill pill and get on to helping each other.

Got it man but I will keep an eye open:) just kidding the hockey game just began ( mtl vs edm) so I will have time to chill down a bit, but still that kind of behavior should not be tolerate in a so well respected board

Yeah just remember it takes 2 too :argue: and when both are :argue: nothing gets done . I think that I can say with good faith I am sorry for offending any one . I just hope that you can as well . I do not want to fight with any one . I can hardly wait now I am on pins and needles !

OK, enough is enough. icebob, one more smart@ss comment out of you and you will regret it. Trickson was a bit over the edge earlier in this thread, but he deleted his offending posts himself and there is nothing to get excited about in his posting. But, you are attacking him in this thread, which we explicitly don't allow or tolerate on these boards so take this as a final warning. Vacation time is nigh at hand with another comment attacking anyone!!! If you think a post is inappropriate then hit the report post button but do not attck and flame anyone here!

Let's keep this thread on track now. This thread is about the Phenom 2 X3 procs and not anything else. Trickson, there is a big thread on the Phenom 2 proc already and you are more than welcome to post about your new setup coming to you there. But let's keep this thread on the X3 procs and who gets one first. :)

muddocktor

I'll be buying an X3 720 just for testing the day fry's gets it which might be tomorrow. Why? Cause i like wasting money.

lol I love to waste money too!!! too bad I have none. lol, but so im not off topic, I really want a 720!!! I have no money though! ahh.

OK, enough is enough. icebob, one more smart@ss comment out of you and you will regret it. Trickson was a bit over the edge earlier in this thread, but he deleted his offending posts himself and there is nothing to get excited about in his posting. But, you are attacking him in this thread, which we explicitly don't allow or tolerate on these boards so take this as a final warning. Vacation time is nigh at hand with another comment attacking anyone!!! If you think a post is inappropriate then hit the report post button but do not attck and flame anyone here!

Let's keep this thread on track now. This thread is about the Phenom 2 X3 procs and not anything else. Trickson, there is a big thread on the Phenom 2 proc already and you are more than welcome to post about your new setup coming to you there. But let's keep this thread on the X3 procs and who gets one first. :)

muddocktor

Thank YOU!!!:)

These things seriously need to hit Newegg's site soon... hopefully tomorrow so I can waste my money on overnight shipping...

:p

Frys in california. CMON guys tell me how the AMD 770 boards do?! Im itching to get a triple core!!!

These things seriously need to hit Newegg's site soon... hopefully tomorrow so I can waste my money on overnight shipping...

:p

Haha! It's a b-e-a-u-tiful thing ain't it? I want tiger to get the new x3's and x4's because I have one like 15 20 mins from my house!

I was hoping we could avoid those green messages but, arrg!

trick, I'm thinking you might be able to get to over the 4.0 to maybe 4.5G but it's a little far of a reach. I won't doubt any attempt because hey, it's always cool when someone gets just that right tweek to work and goes the distance. Hank123 had that home phase/windowAC cooler that just about froze his system. I wish he had that going again.

Ya know, I was really hoping to get to work, go to newegg and see that shiny new X3 720 sitting in the triple-core category... but no!

Amd is always slow at the things people want, like 45 nm and soon to be sloaw at 32 nm as well, but we will get them eventually. There are things like a small worker error or a wrong code in the bots that could have some drastic effect that slows production. Shipping could be delay from germany, us customs. The whole 9 yards.

Rick, why do you suggest that? I have been debating on slapping a fan on my NB sink, but havn't got around to it yet. I dont really overclock the northbridge or overvolt it, but I dont exactly understand how that ties into the rest of the overclocking setup either.

My heart was broken yet again to wake up and find out that newegg still doesnt have the procs...
my mobo is begging for a new cpu. I have my mosfets cooled, flashed new bios, etc.

Last edited:
Rick, why do you suggest that? I have been debating on slapping a fan on my NB sink, but havn't got around to it yet. I dont really overclock the northbridge or overvolt it, but I dont exactly understand how that ties into the rest of the overclocking setup either.

My heart was broken yet again to wake up and find out that newegg still doesnt have the procs...
my mobo is begging for a new cpu. I have my mosfets cooled, flashed new bios, etc.

I'm with you...

I've always heard its a good idea to cool the mosfets on Biostar boards but there is already a slab of metal on mine on my TF8200 A2+...

Back