• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X3 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
I know there are people out there wanting to buy the new X3 Chips. I want to know who those people are, because I want to work with you.

I would buy one myself, but I'm in a pinch right now till tax season. So how about helping me and my research? If you have the X3 and are planning on Overclocking it, please let me know.

As much as I have no use for one, the same is true for so many other things I buy. So, I may order one to hold me over until the good AM3 quads are released. It's possible I'll be using it in a DDR2/DDR3 compare review as well, unless I can get my hands on one of the quads I mentioned.

Hmm I know the blues have some special powers of acquiring things here. Any chance you could use those powers?

:I put my wizard hat on....:

I have a feeling the X3 720 is going to become the new go-to budget gaming processor... I want one in the worst way... :)

I have a feeling it will be in a few months what the X2 5000+ BE was for a while... only way better

You guys willing to bend to my will with testing? :p

Unless they offer some type of insurance on these chips, than the only will that will be done with it is God's lol. I will be happy to do what you want for the most part though, and give you the info that you need. Looks like Caviman and myself have almost identical setups with the exception of the motherboard.

i'm selling my 945ES to grab a 720BE and another 8800GTS G92 so i will probably get one of the few SLi phenom II scores up

If it revs up better than my Kuma or the PII X4 920 I may buy one just to test drive for a while:)

someone posted one of the ES chips on XS looks to clock just like the 940/945

Hello again!

We wanted to put our new F1 EE to test, but the best CPU we had was Phenom II X3 720 ES :)
Of course any pot would be enough for a coldbug-free CPU, but Vince's F1 is amazing, pour-and-forget :D

Unfortunately our AM3 board refused to work in low temps, and when we switched to M3A79T-Deluxe it was too late and we ran out of LN2. We only have some quick results.

System:
AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE (engineering sample) + Kingpins F1 EE
ASUS M3A79T-Deluxe voltmodded, bios 0701
Corsair Dominator 2x 1GB CM2X1024-10000C5D
ATI Radeon HD4870X2
Windows Vista x64

max screen:
max_screen.png

max valid:
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=504459
max_valid.png

max SuperPi 1M: 12.293
max_pi.png

system pic:
system.jpg

Until next time ;)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217430

Well All I am looking for is to see if my 30% rule applies to these chips. Meaning the max CPU clock speed you should see is 3640MHz. If this is true, then it must apply to ALL Phenom IIs. I would like to see if my NB + Losser Ram timings under 64bit Windows allows for a more stable high end OC.

I will not ask anything out of the ordinary, just some basic OCing that should not harm the system. If it does, then you can hold me to it.

Well All I am looking for is to see if my 30% rule applies to these chips. Meaning the max CPU clock speed you should see is 3640MHz. If this is true, then it must apply to ALL Phenom IIs. I would like to see if my NB + Losser Ram timings under 64bit Windows allows for a more stable high end OC.

I will not ask anything out of the ordinary, just some basic OCing that should not harm the system. If it does, then you can hold me to it.

i got 4.22ghz out of my 945ES on water which is 40%

Well then my theory could be wrong, I hope to be proved other wise with more results. So far I have only been able to compare 920 and 940, of which both have proven the 30% rule in normal conditions.

I forgot to mention that the 30% rule is applied for Air and basic WC setups.

Well then my theory could be wrong, I hope to be proved other wise with more results. So far I have only been able to compare 920 and 940, of which both have proven the 30% rule in normal conditions.

I forgot to mention that the 30% rule is applied for Air and basic WC setups.

new steppings of the 940BE are hitting 4ghz on the stock vcore

mines not a basic H2O system....

hmm interesting. I would love to compare data, what info do you have?

Back