• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

farcry 2 worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrxxx

Registered
ive read its really good, but my good friend said he hated it. im looking for honest answers. i want good gameplay. i could get crysis and something else for the price of farcry 2.

thanks

ive read its really good, but my good friend said he hated it. im looking for honest answers. i want good gameplay. i could get crysis and something else for the price of farcry 2.

thanks

I really dont know what everyone was freaking out about with the farcry series... I hated both of the games. if you haven't picked em up yet, Deadspace and Fallout 3 are both REALLY good fps style games. Give those a go.

Yes, it is worth it. Some of the most fun I had with a shooter in 2008. Next to Left 4 Dead ;)

Almost every game made is repetitive. Doesnt make it a bad game though. (@ you assassin's creed haters)

Also, only the first half of crysis and crysis warhead are any good. As soon as you start fighting the aliens it starts to blow hardcore. Annoying as hell.

I haven't played farcry 2 but have played farcry 1. I have played cod4 though and it's epic!

Far Cry 2 was "good" for about the first 2 hours of game play and then you realize that your going to be doing the same things over and over and every where you go your going to run into the same crap. Not worth the money. As said below Fall Out 3 is one of the best games i have played in a long time! also like the Call Of Duty games.

Don't bother with FC2, get Crysis and Crysis warhead, or if you want non-stop action, Left 4 Dead. FC2 is good, the concept is good, graphics, sound, effects... But the thing is the story kinda sucks, there's no cinematic feel, and you aren't really immersed into action, rather, you have to look for it. FC2 had a lot going for it, but overall disappointing for an action game IMO.

FC2 was awful... with a horrendous spawn system and a ridiculous shoot on sight policy in what's supposed to be a faction war, the feel of the game just sucks, sucks hard. If everyone just shot at everyone as soon as they turned a corner, these factions would kill themselves off right quick. I got it for free with my video card and played it for maybe 4 hours before remembering I had a laundry list of good games to play.

This sort of open world FPS game works way better in Stalker and even Mercenaries, FC2 botched it.

Wow! Not a lot of love for FarCry 2 here. I loved it myself. Fallout 3 is awesome too but they're different games. For me FarCry 2's fan boat parts could be so imersive (on my system) that I found myself enjoying the scenery and gettting killed because I wasn't looking out for the enemy. I actually liked the breaks in the action while traveling from place to place. I imagine it's like being in a real conflict. You have some 'boring' times punctuated by intense action.

That said, I did find the always "staffed and hostile" checkpoints kinda repetative. I usually would just go off road around them. Or maybe just shell them from a distance with a grenade launcher jeep.

Thats' one thing about FarCry 2. You can use explosions and fire to great effect. in my book destructible environments rock!

I found Crysis and Warhead to be very good but not as imersive myself.

we all cant get enough of clearing out a guard post, going a mile away, and coming back not even 5 minutes later and having another 5 or 6 guys there shooting at you again :rolleyes:

Have fallout 3 and it was epic, probibly the best game i have played in years, ill probibly get crysis

I know I'm in the minority on these forums, but I really liked Far Cry 2. It does get repetitive after a while, but it stays fun for many hours, imo, far longer than most games.

Also, it got pretty good reviews if that matters to you: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/farcry2?q=Far Cry 2

I liked Crysis too though. In my opinion, you can't go wrong either way.

In my opinion, the ending was worth the work to get there. That and it looks similar to crysis in detail, but without the system hog that crysis is.

thanks

I say it depends on the 'and something else' part. I like Far Cry 2 a lot, but got bored enough that I didn't finish it yet. I probably did too many side mission early on before I realized they are pure filler, and got my fill of the game before finishing the story missions.

Crysis, well, it's a great game. By no means a tech demo as some people would have you believe. Better than Far Cry 2. Really cool story, of course great graphics, the only downside is it's fairly short. If it was Crysis+Orange Box or COD4 or .. I dunno, another good game from that era, I'd skip Far Cry 2. It'll be in the bargain bin soon enough.

FC2 is cool in theory. It's got great graphics and a an interesting premise/gameplay system. However some things just don't work. For instance, getting from point a to point b and back almost always require a vehicle otherwise you have to hike for a LONG time through winding roads cause of stupid environmental blocks put in place like hills and cliffs. But that brings up the next issue. Even when going on a clearcut mission there's plenty of times where you cross through unfriendly territory, get shot at, chased down, and most likely have your vehicle blown up. Which means you have to backtrack and find another vehicle just to get back to your original mission.

To me that's what makes this game become boring and repetitive.

FC2 is cool in theory. It's got great graphics and a an interesting premise/gameplay system. However some things just don't work. For instance, getting from point a to point b and back almost always require a vehicle otherwise you have to hike for a LONG time through winding roads cause of stupid environmental blocks put in place like hills and cliffs. But that brings up the next issue. Even when going on a clearcut mission there's plenty of times where you cross through unfriendly territory, get shot at, chased down, and most likely have your vehicle blown up. Which means you have to backtrack and find another vehicle just to get back to your original mission.

To me that's what makes this game become boring and repetitive.

Many of those points also make it realistic, which is WHY i love this game.

Back