• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got around to it...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Special7

Last few days it's been warm here, been noticing my 8800GT idling at 59-60C @ 75% fan speed, well I just took the heatsink off and put AS5 on, in the process I noticed I had Samsung memory which is odd because I thought all G92's used qimonda or whatever.:screwy: But sofar temps haven't dropped much (1C) but it needs some time to cure, wish me luck. :D

G'luck.

Personally I don't put a lot of value in re-doing the thermal interface unless there was something wrong with the previous application. An 8800 GT should have used some reasonable thermal compound (unless the manufacturer really cheaped out).

I always remove my HS/F and re apply with AS5 on GPUs. Its not the fact of them cheaping out on the TIM. Its how they apply it. Most of the time I could scrape enough off to cover 3 cards!!! temp drops are worth the 10 minutes it takes to do it (sans GTX260).

I haven't seen Samsung on the GT, but I have on the GTS...but only the later models. Sounds like you lucked out! How well does the RAM OC?

Haven't really pushed it beyond 2GHz, maybe I should see what it does.

So samsung RAM on a 9800GTX KO is a good thing? .08ns from what I can read off the chips.

Back