• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Drivers for new OS???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RSDXzec

Disabled
hi, wanna get the new Windows 7 or whatever its called, but i wanna know where to get drivers for that os for my hardware, i tried the nvidia site, but i cant find them, can anyone help?

also does windows 7 come in 32 + 64 bit?

i dont really know anything about this OS, help would be appreciated.

Yeah the newer drivers for vista 64 worked for my 8800gts 512mb sli setup for windows 7 64, and now using 185 beta (or custom not too sure) for my gtx295. Have had no problems.

actually they're alpha, lol

Anyways, Win7 does come in both the 32 and 64 bit flavors, (I'm currently using 64 bit myself)

im so buying* Win7 :) , when it will be released again ? October ? December ?

edit: my grammar sucks :/

Last edited:
Next year I think... shame the beta runs out cos I will have to downgrade back to vista :(

the beta doesnt run out and by early fall there gonna have release clients out
anyone who tests win7 will also get a full free dowload of windows 7 ultimate
and also windows 7 will automaticaly find the drivers... as will the new 188 series drivers work perfectly
but for some reason i cant get my raid drivers working

Umm... where did you hear that beta testers for win7 get a free copy? This NEVER happens. you will have to pay for your legit copy of win7 when it is released. The drivers that win7 install automagically for nvidia cards is a 178 series driver and does not include PhysX support. The full release is supposed to be between late Q3 and mid Q4, their target is definitely late 2009.

lol iloki they say ignorance is bliss but you just flat out dont know what your talking about.... i tested vista and got a free copy and im testing 7 and they said on the "testers notes"...aka legal forms that we get a full free download

lol iloki they say ignorance is bliss but you just flat out dont know what your talking about.... i tested vista and got a free copy and im testing 7 and they said on the "testers notes"...aka legal forms that we get a full free download

Sorry, but iLoki is correct. I double checked the Windows 7 beta website FAQ's.

The beta runs out August 1, 2009

Running the beta now does not get u a free copy when it is released.

the beta doesnt run out and by early fall there gonna have release clients out
anyone who tests win7 will also get a full free dowload of windows 7 ultimate
and also windows 7 will automaticaly find the drivers... as will the new 188 series drivers work perfectly
but for some reason i cant get my raid drivers working

Riiiiiiiight, they're gonna make available 2.5+ million free copies of what will probably be a ~150 dollar product? Do the math and think about it. :screwy:
And where can I get these 188 drivers? Typo maybe?

thats another type lol... the latest WHQL are 181.22. The leaked is 185.20.

hi, wanna get the new Windows 7 or whatever its called, but i wanna know where to get drivers for that os for my hardware, i tried the nvidia site, but i cant find them, can anyone help?

also does windows 7 come in 32 + 64 bit?

i dont really know anything about this OS, help would be appreciated.

You don't need to look for drivers, the card just works (like when you install ubuntu)

yea it does, but only through standard VGA drivers (unless the windows update drivers manage to install automatically) and it will be crap for 3d acceleration until he updates the drivers to the nvidia or WDM drivers.

I see, then Im guessing Vista drivers will work just fine.

I have Vista 64bit drivers

ocforums-driversoccomp.jpg

Back