• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you will be perfectly happy with the ADI2 as AD and DA. Most pepole agree that the Apogee's are nice, but not "Transparent" (they do indeed have a "sound"). RME converters will put less of a fingerprint on the sound IMO.

Pro Audio is generally more about real-world performance, flexible connectivity and features than illusive audiophile theories that aren't always detectable in A/B/X blind tests. I believe only what is measurable and what is definite in the form of REPEATABLE 3rd party A/B/X blind tests. Everything else falls into the Unicorn Tears category IMNSHO. $1000 Digital Cables come to mind ;)

:cool:

I hear ya on the snake oil talk :)

ive undershot on the Squeezebox3 even through a seperate dac the resolutions not there... in fact foobar and the optical out from my motherboard has better qualities than sb3 with audio grade coax.

and the demolished V-dac sounds ok with a good transport but still lacks fine detail and decay plus theres not enough depth to the image.

anyhow my cheap options were RME ADI2 and maybe a M-audio 1212m to act as transport :shrug: word clocks and all that...

The 1212m is an E-Mu unit (not M-Audio) - and nowhere near the analog quality of the RME ADI2 IMNSHO. Just because the 1212M uses a descent converter chip doesn't make it a great converter (the analog circuitry is arguably more important than the actual AD/DA chips used). The E-Mu gets slammed regularly ;)

:cool:

sorry yep E-MU

I just wonderd if it was accurate on the digital outputs in conjunction with the RME ADI2

I need a card PCIe that can be word clocked for accurate transfer in and out.

I liked the firewire aspect of some of the RME stuff but the specs on the ad have the older 24/96 and 1/4 inch jacks input as a space saver.

the lynx aes16 is supposed to be about the best transfer but its a lot of spend and real studio buffs with taste for expensive word clocks say the lynx clock isnt the best.

its hard to say where the spend goes when you want two exellent channels and everything decents 16 channel studio cards or more.

bit perfect ad da two channels.... its what I need.

so whats the best way to connect the ADI2 to the pc?..... no space for pci without pulling a gpu :cry:

Which Klipsch speakers did you have, Barton? Those look like Fostex drivers in your new speakers.

I had a vintage pair of Klipsch Fortes. They had Crites crossovers, Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms, and new Crites mid-range diaphragms. The new ones use Fostex FE207Es. I couldve built my cabinets and such, but I dont have the resources to do so. I checked with a few local cabinet makers, and the prices were close enough to just buy the speakers built already. These Fostexes are settling in nicely. They were rather shouty the first 15 hours or so, but thats long gone now. These drivers are known to have a long break-in period...somewhere between 200 and 300 hours.

I have three 7.1 home theater locations in my home...

Attachments

• 2010-07-06 00.53.14.jpg
    2010-07-06 00.53.14.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,073
  • 2010-07-06 01.00.29.jpg
    2010-07-06 01.00.29.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,062
  • 2010-07-06 01.01.23.jpg
    2010-07-06 01.01.23.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,063
This is for the guys with the Tube amps. First of all kudos... I love class A amps. How do you deal with the EMF noise out of the tower?

This is for the guys with the Tube amps. First of all kudos... I love class A amps. How do you deal with the EMF noise out of the tower?

Not sure if that first sentence was directed toward me, if so... Audio pics, would mean anything audio based... Tubes, Solid state, 2.1 speaker setup. what ever... :thup:

I take it as he likes valve amps myself :shrug:
anyhoob retro analogue action....

Three years later...
wooohooo! spinny thing action :D

tt1.jpg
real tree, not pretend :shock:

tt2.jpg
off board power and speed control

tt3.jpg
custom one off arm to wave :D

tt4.jpg
Etile MC cartridge, hmmm scares me to go near it... so delicate :-/

tt5.jpg
ahhh, the funny black discs of joy!

its so woody and shiny `n spinny :clap:

forgot these frisbees come in pretty colours too.

tt9.jpg

elite backwards... theres a reson, sorry reason.

tt10.jpg

my first visitors been round, heres what they said about it

"my mum used to have one of them"

priceless :rain:

F*ck. I should not have opened this thread.. cause im going to start spending money i should prolly save haha. I just moved back in with the parents for a few months till i move out again for my job offer.
I doo need to pick up some speakers but i have two recievers to choose from:
db1d43a2.jpg
and
e8a67d88.jpg
suggestions?

P.s. I might beable to take these old school's with me but im pretty sure id have to replace at least the woofers
facceee3.jpg

Last edited:
I finally took some pictures so I can post my setup here! Yay!

1000536r.jpg

1000537a.jpg

1000542x.jpg

1000544m.jpg

1000545j.jpg

2x JBL EON 15 G1
Mackie FR m1200
NI Audio 2 DJ
Vestax VCI 100 SE
A computer
Mess of cables.

EDIT: Almost forgot my beloved AD700s. Got some HD 25-IIs in the mail though.

Last edited:
My dad has an identical Sony 5 disc changer. We've played lots of good tunes on it.

Have got one of those Sony 5 disc changer Myself too, but its still packed away in its Box since we moved, haven't bothered to unpack and use again.

kona , nice setup you got there

Back