• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting. Most of my sound experience came with car audio, and then went indoors.

Turns out my Klipsch S4i are 18ohms, also not what I would have guessed.

t450_9839d52045232acf550b32595c638257.jpg

I think I picked them up for $70. I was commuting via light rail which could be insanely noisy at times (BART) and these seemed to offer the best sound under $100 based on reviews at the time. Been very happy with them. The pigtail lead off the bud started to split so Klipsch sent me a new pair.

Man I have monitor fever again! I've been eyeing some Mackie HR824m2 monitors for a while now. Maybe I'll just finally build some monitor stands/mounts to keep me away from Sweetwater's tasty financing plans. :D

I actually have a pair of Klipsch S4 blacks, I love 'em! I use them with my cell for just listening while I walk but occasionally at home I use them to play battlefield 3. I don't have a dedicated home system or even dedicated sound card right now so I just do with what I have. I used to have an old Kenwood that put out 65W@8ohms on four channels... at least I believe that's what it was, It's been a long time since I've done anything audio so I've gotta relearn it all over. If anyone has some helpful links toss 'em my way! :thup:

IMAG0020.jpg

Last edited:
Dayumm, some people have some nice setups!

I've owned a set of Pro Media 5.1's. They worked during a time when I couldn't appreciate how awesome they were..

Then the amp blew, like so many others.

So I bought myself, in almost new condition, a Logitech z2300 system, as pictured here:
001-4.jpg
Currently Running on a Rocketfish 24 bit dedicated soundcard, EQ'd to perfection for the music I listen to. I plan to get a Sound Blaster Fatality Soundcard and do a sub swap to a RE8-D4 sub so I can really bring out the system.

As for my car, I currently only have a decent substage.
004-1.jpg
Obsidian Audio 15' D4
Audiopipe ASPM-1500 1500 watt amp

I plan to upgrade my door and rear deck speakers to some Image Dynamics CTX 6.5's and amp them.

My cans for the on the go listening are some Monster Turbine's

My home theater consists of 5 Infinity Full Range 7 inch drivers, running off of a Denon 7.1 3D Dolby Digital fancy schmancy receiver

I definitely love music and I want to hear it in its highest quality output.

Got some new hardware on audiogon. Three Emotiva XPA-1 amplifiers with the black trim pieces. Two years old, with three left on the warranties.

Now I need more speakers, and a pre/pro for surround enabling.

No pics yet because they're at my parents place until I move into my new place.

I did audition some Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers today. Oh yes, I like these. A lot. The dealer/host and I played music for close to three hours enjoying them in a prepped room. All things being equal, he's got a future customer in a few months.

And I have way more amp power than I need for these speakers.

Someone had to challenge the desire/sense ratio.

Here it is...
an Audiophile USB cable.... braided with silver unicorn mane :rofl:
cable-on-table.jpg

coil.jpg
I think it said somewhere in the info that the plugs are coated in gold taken from the cup of life... maybe I just dreamed that part :shrug:

big-plug.jpg
to my surprise clearer audio already proved to make things clearererer!
so I guess they can keep there 60Day money back jive talk :bday:

great price too.... not too many people in the UK worried about a nice cable right now :clap:
(I eat cold beans and stray pets to save up for my cable :salute: science... truths out there :rofl: )

Last edited:
F*ck. I should not have opened this thread.. cause im going to start spending money i should prolly save haha. I just moved back in with the parents for a few months till i move out again for my job offer.
I doo need to pick up some speakers but i have two recievers to choose from:
db1d43a2.jpg
and
e8a67d88.jpg
suggestions?

P.s. I might beable to take these old school's with me but im pretty sure id have to replace at least the woofers
facceee3.jpg

I had the exact pioneer receiver and hated it so much I gave it to a friend. Optical port broke, then it stated going in and out on the terminals for the front speakers. I put it back in the box and stored it at my parents for a year. Then gave it to my friend and he seems to be happy with it.

Thought I'd stick up a few pics of my headphone project.

Attachments

• Wooden cups.jpeg
    Wooden cups.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 233
  • Grado 2.jpg
    Grado 2.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Magnums.jpg
    Magnums.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
Yes, the wood cups are made with Black Limba which is used for making guitars. It was used by Gibson in their Flying V and Explorer guitars. It has good acoustic properties.

Grado uses plastic in their low end cans, aluminum in their middle and wood in their high end, $500 and up.

These are based on a modified Grado Sr325I driver that usually comes in an aluminum cup but the wooden cup gives it a richer sound.

Oh it`s just got to be good if it comes packed in a dedicated wooden box (which I am sure I payed for in the asking :-/ )
20120911_142819.jpg

Digital Balanced Cable
20120911_142936.jpg

I feel dirty knowing it costs more than the tiny USB box it plugs into :screwy:
20120911_144843.jpg

is it better? yuss! :ty:

by as much as the asking price? :bday:
call it a treat :rofl:

Audiophile USB ports?
well I had to have a go.

20120912_110256.jpg
Made in the USA and taxed beyond belief in the UK. froze at customs for an extra $112 or they were to send it back in 20 days.

I had imports from hong kong with zero import tax.
hmmm, I see the game :mad:

20120912_110400.jpg
anyhow galvanic isolated (the audiophile buzz word :rofl:)
news for audiophile designers.... if you use a grounded shield on all cables it fails!

and can I have my $1000 back it took to find out? :bang head

20120912_110413.jpg
nice cream board.... maybe magnolia makes it perform better :rofl:

and here we have a plug in board to silence the evil EMI and RF ju ju from the hard drive.
20120912_110523.jpg
why these dingbats decided to build it on a ribbon instead of board im not sure.

delicate and probably due to get wrecked in no time :sly:

20120912_110617.jpg
and last and probably least a dedicated noise filter to prevent the fans corrupting motor noise getting back into the system.

my previous wall wart with a molex soldered onto it was cheaper :D

just like its hard to spot the difference between an audiophile usb port and a cheap akasa usb3 on pci express.

so my advice.... think out the box and take the family on holiday with the 1000 dollar run around you can avoid.

:salute: science.... I hate you science :bang head

Don't forget that only the very coolest peeps can see the Emperor's new clothes. That little boy wasn't cool enough :facepalm:

yeah yeah.
11 year mission to boldly get something from a computer you could call "high-fidelity"
thats a lot of new outfits for this emperor.

just like youve seen your share of decadent fools drop there trousers over a nice cable :beer:

crazy or not I just landed some shop space.... let the rich bank managers and accountants decide how the cloths fit :ty:

and thanks to OCF for the immense pool of knowledge to tap into :salute:

I used to make a one meter silver conductor, Teflon sleeved, vacuum dielectric spaced $20k balanced interconnect several years ago. We sold at least a couple a month and they claimed a night and day difference in sound quality vs their old $5k set :rofl:

I used to make a one meter silver conductor, Teflon sleeved, vacuum dielectric spaced $20k balanced interconnect several years ago. We sold at least a couple a month and they claimed a night and day difference in sound quality vs their old $5k set :rofl:

Sheesh...for that kinda dough Id make it a one man operation :D If you think the cable fiasco is bad, the new rage is cable risers. People pay thousands for cutting edge blocks of wood one could get at Home Depot for $2 lol.

Back