• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, I am using a pair of Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks. 1,000W into 4 ohms for each tower.

I also need to update the photo. I now have a Panasonic 65" ZT60 display wall mounted with hidden wires. Total stereo HT beast mode now.

Wilson Benesch series 2 square two
1.jpg
Biggerer

2.jpg
Shinyerer

3.jpg
Expensiverererer

4.jpg
Funny tupperware box with the best 40 watts on the planet... mayhap... I hear they use fresh juiced fairys for the electrolytics (I found a wing at the back of my rack `n everything)

5.jpg
erm, sorry for the understated look (worth two kidneys at least on the underbelly market)

power supply (well its only 40watts isnt it)
6.jpg

plumbing shot.
7.jpg

if you`d like to help fund my "shiny things" habbit or simply know of a spare dialysis machine I can borrow until I pay off the loan on the setup then feel free to PM :rofl:

its an audiovisual fest...
8.jpg

ambience or boredom...
9.jpg
playin around...

more messing...
10.jpg

film break.
1393399593216.jpg

some kind of HD projector/optikinetic madness
11.jpg

12.jpg
some mystical place old bobb-fi goes and general computer foolery meets public :popcorn:

To sum up my audio experience as of late. I doubt i`ll ever own another pair of speakers that sport burr walnut and carry so much lacquer you can watch fly`s fall off the sides. (i`m all for single full range driver next)
And the best part is if you turn the amp on below room temp it will blow up (slight user friendly/audio bliss trade off)

Last edited:
I keep saying your name as bubbley bobby head. Not once or twice but for years lol. Kinda like when your singing a song you don't know very well and just kind of make it up to fill it in but it sounds close! Know what I mean? :D

You have some pretty nice hifi :thup:

its all Bobblerz... (like rubbin a brass lamp) :thup:

13.jpg

forgot this one for valve lovers

use a couple to serve with coffee. any complaints I say buy more coffee! cost beans :D

sounds a little more sure footed and awake than the MKI
then again the valves are well past it on the MKI now... (how much fidelity do you need near the toilets :shock: )

not sure why there caged in. seem pretty even handed to me :rofl:

more super computer action later this year :cool:
ahh, the smell of tosted linear PSU in a morning :salute:

USB 24bit 384KHz DSD reference dac with femto master clock.

DSC_0709.JPG

it sounds agreeably reference. makes the v-link sound shameful.

biggerer, fatterer, longerer and widerer sounds :clap:

Just a wee bit more TV. It's wall mounted with in-wall wiring, bolted to 3 studs with a 3/4" piece of plywood for backing. Should be very California earthquake resistant. It's also mounted on the lowest mount points, so if I upgrade to a Legacy Marquis center channel it can sit on top the console.

3ru black trim has been ordered for the XSP-1 now as well.

Attachments

• ZT60002-sm.jpg
    ZT60002-sm.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 294
  • ZT60003-sm.jpg
    ZT60003-sm.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 296
I'm making the best of my smallish 11'x12' HT/Multi-purpose Room. I've been slowly "remodeling" the past 3 months :) I Just ripped out (demolished) a built-in counter/cabinet monstrosity last week to open up the area shown in the pics below (the "Bagster" portable dumpster is AWESOME for this kind of small demolition work!), and got the new TV Stand assembled last Tuesday.

I've had the same speaker setup for about 5-6 years now, but was only now able to get it setup anywhere near ideal after ripping out the built-in counter/cabinets last week (why did I wait so long???!!!???)

L-C-R Speakers are Dynaudio AIR series active studio monitors (I also mix audio projects in this setup sometimes):
AIR-15 + AIR-BASE-2 for L/R stacks; and an AIR-6 as Center Channel. All mains are on Iso-Acoustics ISO-PODS to get proper driver aiming and isolation. Net amplifier power across this L-C-R system is 1,700 WRMS. It does the trick ;)

Then, I'm running a passive pair of Dynaudio BM6P monitors for Ls/Rs surrounds, and a cheap-o pair of JBL Loft series as front PLIIz font-height speakers (just wanted to check out height channels for fun, will upgrade those later if I determine they are worthy of additional cash - looking at "height" channels as a neat gimmick for now ;) ). These Ls/Rs Surrounds and L/R Height channels run off the Denon AVR's internal power amps for 125WPC (another 500 Watts, bringing total system power to 2,200 WRMS).

My NAD T175HD Pre/Pro bit the dust a few months ago, so I replaced it with a Denon AVR-X4000 with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 and 4K support. Very pleased with it even though it was less than 1/3 the cost of the NAD Pre/Pro it replaced!

Also just upgraded from a 2008 46" Samsung LN46A650 to the 2014 60" Vizio M602i-B3 with FALD last month - I adore it! Also recently upgraded the PC monitor from a 24" Dell 2407WFP to a high-rez Dell 27" U2713HM 2560x1440. Love it, too!

I have some DIY 12"x12" OC703 soffit bass traps in the ceiling-to-wall corners (approx 32 linear feet worth), and some 4" OC703 panels at the first-reflection points on the ceiling. I will be making new OC703 panels for the side-wall first-reflection points soon (4" deep, and spaced 2"-4" off the wall). I really need more bass-trapping (32' of 12"x12" soffit bass traps seriously aren't quite enough!) - will get to that one day. Room treatments should be considered as part of any system IMNSHO. The room is generally the most misbehaved part of ANY audio environment - and can turn any $100K system into an incoherent and peaky/nully mess!!! I can't say I've seen much attention paid to this inevitable facet of Audio around here...

It's a bit tight, but I'm pleased with the outcome in the small space. Sorry for the crappy/blurry pics:

IMG_1322_zps62fe3165.jpg

IMG_1341_zps76bc3600.jpg

And then if I just want to veg out, I look to my right and get this (125 Gallon freshwater aquarium):

IMG_1342_zps8188348d.jpg

It's a mini paradise for me after a long day at work...

As you were :cool:

Last edited:
The amp is broken in. The speakers are broken in. And after $550 in amp,speakers,new 1080p monitor, and quad monitor mounting setup I am beyond happy. I like so many others have dreamed of this moment for years. I also dreamed of owning a p90 assault rifle which I purchased last week. PS90 actually.

The speakers perform better then i could have imagined. I was going to modify the cross over this summer so I can use an 8" woofer with the setup, but I see no reason for the extra base. If I want to rattle my eyeballs in there sockets I can just go to the basement.

DSCN2910.jpg

Love the Revy background :p

Just moved my twin Hitachi HSA-3132's to where my tiny bookshelf speakers were *the small speakers were starting to not handle being the main speakers well*

Now I have two huge floor speakers for bookshelf speakers, slightly off center of the TV, cos well, had to make due with space limitations.
will post a pic whenever camera decides to worky

Here is my current desktop sound setting *have two surrounds in back, and a Sony SA-W2500 sub under the desk...all in a roughly 12 by 12 room lol*
image is low dpi, as usual camera is not working for some reason.

Changed to current config *after an hour or two of boredom*

View attachment 169759

Attachments

• DSC00077x2.jpg
    DSC00077x2.jpg
    924.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
My little slice of heaven

Well I figured that it is about time that I throw my hat in the ring. For background, I have been into high end audio for over 15 years, and into audio all of my life. I am a member of the planar speaker asylum, and have been a long time member of various other home theater and audio communities. I am pretty happy with where my system is at currently. Could it be better? Always. Here are the specs.

Magnepan MG3a's (30 years old and still rocking, been fully rebuilt of course)
Velodyne CHT8 powered sub (fast enough to keep up with the maggies)
Harmon Kardon AVR 430 (not the most glorious preamp but works well with the xpa1's and matches nicely
Emotivia XPA-1 monoblock's 1000w/4ohm (enough juice to handle the maggies beautifully)
65" LG LED (big enough for now, may go larger eventually)

Attachments

• stereo 1.jpg
    stereo 1.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 134
  • stereo 2.jpg
    stereo 2.jpg
    931.2 KB · Views: 125
Nice set up. Not particularly a huge fan of large tower speakers, but those fit the motif pretty well.

Back