• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Weekend project: 4x20A lines to the living room, raised the TV, added the center channel, and recessed LED lighting on dimmer.

One circuit for each Emotiva XPA-1, and one dedicated to the other electronics.

:drool: that is beautiful bud!

Last edited:
Awesome setup. What OPPO model do you have? Still have lots of room for a larger 4k set between the L/R towers when you get around to it. I'm working on some DIY speakers and subs when the funding comes through.

Oppo BDP-105. I'd have to upgrade both the player and the TV to support 4K, and the TV is already a 65" plasma that looks super sweet at viewing distance. I see no need to upgrade it until it dies.

The OPPO 105 is the audiophile version :thup: 4k is still maturing so there is no need unless you have to get the latest and greatest all the time. I still have my Phillips 47" IPS 1080P that has good viewing angles and It will be replaced only after I've revamped my main audio system and have a 4k player.

Yep! I'm running full balanced across the whole system. Because it's a stereo system and preamp, I'm using the full-range summed subwoofer output on the XSP-1 to drive the center channel. The downside is that it runs a little hot, so I just got a balanced microphone volume adjuster to balance it across the rest of the system. Somewhere between 3-6dB should be good, but I'll do it by ear.

I also need to level the TV by adjusting the mount since I had to move the mount higher on the wall. A little off is so noticeable.

I don't watch TV except for movies or streaming, so this unit will last me a very long time. It's a Panasonic ZT65, pretty much the last of the great plasma panels, second only to the vaunted Pioneer Kuros. Grabbed it right at end of production and was lucky then.

Exodus Audio Kit61's built and on the desktop now using Parts Express boxes. Had the drivers almost ten years.

Attachments

• Compstuff201708-sm.jpg
    Compstuff201708-sm.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 235
  • Compstuff201703-sm.jpg
    Compstuff201703-sm.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 238
  • Compstuff201712-sm.jpg
    Compstuff201712-sm.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 235
  • Compstuff201714-sm.jpg
    Compstuff201714-sm.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
  • Compstuff201705-sm.jpg
    Compstuff201705-sm.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 237
A friend of mine just posted a video of how to assemble some kit speakers. I would say she did great, although it's obvious the designer of the kit is no expert at RF - that piece of wire on the Bluetooth card to extend the antenna probably decreases range rather than improve it. Also a thermal design fail since the heatsink fins are in the wrong direction, but a modern amplifier shouldn't get particularly hot unless pushed hard.

She'd make a great robot. She could teach us how to make speakers that replicate themselves.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Funny how almost no one actually gives their baby's the proper stereo separation of at least 8' for some of the larger setups. My A5's are only 5.3 ft apart and that's tight. 8' is a basic minimum for the floor standers. christ sake, for a really powerful speaker you could easily put one in each corner of a large living room.

She'd make a great robot. She could teach us how to make speakers that replicate themselves.
Not too sure on the specifics but she apparently actually is part robot! She once mentioned something about going to Thailand to get a certain "biocomponent" upgraded.

No, I meant robotic, as in Japanesee. Fake is fine if it's a robot. You should see the strangely hypnotic movie called The Whispering Star (2015).
"A feminine android delivers packages to the scattered humans in the galaxy. With years to spare the android and us have time to contemplate what it is to be human."

Last edited:
I was thinking more Detroit: Become Human. The time when Naomi went to Creality and basically got them to truly embrace open source is kind of like when Markus arrived at Jericho and totally changed the fate of everyone there. But while her personality is most like that of Markus, her appearance and style are definitely most like that of the Tracis.

And just by coincidence, SerpentZA, one of Naomi's best friends, looks a lot like Elijah Kamski.

Quick summary - in the game Detroit: Become Human, Jericho is a "safe haven" for deviant androids. It has been mostly quiet until Markus, one of the playable characters, arrived and created a plan to make things better. What ends up happening depends on his actions, but one outcome is that Jericho becomes popular and the deviants achieve a "protected" status as if they're another race of humans, hence the name of the game.

A few months ago, Naomi Wu went to Creality, a now very popular 3D printer company, and assisted them with truly embracing open source. Their Ender 3 became the best selling 3D printer in the hobbyist market and public opinion of Chinese 3D printers vastly improved. While that event draws parallels to what Markus does to Jericho (i.e. show the world that the Chinese are true innovators and not mere IP copiers) and Naomi's personality most closely matches that of Markus, her appearance and style most closely matches that of the Tracis, which are nonplayable characters (can be friend or enemy depending on how you play) unique to the Eden Club.

I agree. The chinese simply make so much these days that it's inevitable they will progress just by shear volume of their own repeated actions. I KNOW they can make great stuff. If they want to.

3D printed speaker, more as a proof of concept:
The only parts that are not 3D printed are the wire and magnets.

That frequency response is terrible! But still cool to prove you can build a simple speaker using printed parts. I'm particularly impressed with making the surround and spider out of printed parts.

Here is the most recent updates that I have made to my system. I picked up a pair of Magnepan 20.7 speakers. I found that my emotiva XSP-1 preamp was a bit dry with them on the XPR-1's. So I picked up a Conrad Johnson 17LS2 tube preamp to liven it up a bit. I have to say that it was the best money ever spent. It really brings the 20.7's alive. I upgraded my old 70" 4k to a LG 86" 4k. They really don't make any stands for these, so I made one myself from poplar and granite. I designed it to fit the depth of the XPR-1's. I added some blackout curtains for room treatment. I have a Marty cube sub enclosure coming soon, have a good amp for it, and will have that added to the system soon. I think that I am nearing the forever system that I have always dreamed of. I wish that I had more room in my current home, because I have enough amps and ribbon Maggie's to do a 5.1 setup of them. Maybe one of these days.

Attachments

• 20220709_232218.jpg
    20220709_232218.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220709_232021.jpg
    20220709_232021.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 3
Back