• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll see what I can do over my next days off for pictures but I have completed:

GR Research AV-1s in the living room
CSS FR125s as my mains on my computer hooked to my Klipsch PM 5.1 Ultra

For my next project I have just finished obtaining all drivers necessary for Exodus 2641 mains, LCR center and 61 rears.

The amp is broken in. The speakers are broken in. And after $550 in amp,speakers,new 1080p monitor, and quad monitor mounting setup I am beyond happy. I like so many others have dreamed of this moment for years. I also dreamed of owning a p90 assault rifle which I purchased last week. PS90 actually.

The speakers perform better then i could have imagined. I was going to modify the cross over this summer so I can use an 8" woofer with the setup, but I see no reason for the extra base. If I want to rattle my eyeballs in there sockets I can just go to the basement.

DSCN2910.jpg

Here are some pics of my amp coupled with my mate's speakers and EQ.

Amp is the Luxman M120 and the speakers are some old Technics SB-6000s. Quite rare and really good sounding. Unfortunately, he hasn't got the mids, only the subs and trebs. They still have quite good coverage, though, and the trebs have some quite clear sound.

Bild033.jpg

Bild034-1.jpg

Bild034-1.jpg

We also played them outside for a bit. On 30W, you can hear them half a kilometer out in the damn forest.

ok, here's my audio pics..... :cool:

this is my living room setup (just did it last x'mas), good enough for just TV viewing:

Onkyo 606, Mirage Omnisat OS3 set (2x FS, 1x CC, 2x SAT), Velodyne SPL-800 sub.

3.jpg

and here's my "real" setup in my dedicated home theater:

Yammy RX-V1800, full Definitive Tech speakers (2x 7006, 1x 2300, 2x 1.2X, and a SupercubeI).

68.jpg

wow, LS, I've seen pics of your bedroom and living room, but I had no idea you had a dedicated HT room. That looks awesome! Did you do all the work yourself?

Came across a MINT 1983 Pioneer Japan only stereo receiver, the SX-9. I got it free from the original owner who was going to throw it out. This thing has been boxed up for 15 years and there's not even a hint of dust inside the unit. This thing was top of the line at the time and cost $900 26 years ago.

The unit powers up and the display panel works fine, the tuner picks up radio stations fine, but the amplifier section doesn't engage so there is no sound. I'm in the process of trying to identify the problem so I can get it fixed locally.

I cannot wait to get this thing working. The quality is superb and for the time it's 125WPC was very high. This unit is also fairly rare due to it being Japan only.

I'll get pics up when I can, it's a beaut!

I cannot wait to get this thing working. The quality is superb and for the time it's 125WPC was very high. This unit is also fairly rare due to it being Japan only.

Thats like 250W in todays watts :). A coworker of mine gave me an Akai GX-265D last week...had it sitting in his basement for 20 years. Its a nice unit, but it needs a little cleaning up. I have some tapes on the way and am looking forward to hearing it.

Excellent, Barton. That's almost the same model as mine, GX-266D. I love the sound it gets, I just wish there was more media for it.

Excellent, Barton. That's almost the same model as mine, GX-266D. I love the sound it gets, I just wish there was more media for it.

I wish there was more too...I have a few tapes coming via eBay, and Ive put ads out on craigslist asking to buy old tapes sitting around. Its not really a dead format as R2R is still used for recording, but in the home segment its a very niche thing. I just wish some of the newer good music was put out on open reel tape. If I had a turntable Id just make my own...no sense in recording FLAC to tape..there probably wouldnt be much sonic benefit.

Hmmm... I've got a lot more where this came from.

Can't sell or discuss anything here but PM me if you want more info.

Attachments

• Scotch 207 90min reel to reel.jpg
    Scotch 207 90min reel to reel.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 9,676
I'm not much for the recording aspect of R2R, just the playback :)

I once had a real nice Sony 4 track professional reel to reel deck. I donated it to a church music ministry over 30 years ago. I loved the medium but digital has finally caught up and perhaps even surpassed the sonic capabilities of analog tape recording. I'm pretty much fully converted to digital now.

Finally found a shop that will try to repair my Pioneer SX-9!

Can't wait to pair it up with a new set of tower speakers I'm still shopping for.

I'll edit this with some pics of the SX-9 in half hour or so. It's a beast!

pioneer1.jpg

pioneer2.jpg

pioneer3.jpg

pioneer4.jpg

Check out that Toroidal transformer and huge heatsinks!

Last edited:
not as 'vintage' as some of you guys, but it has more than enough power to shake the house! Blows our home theater system away.

1978 Pioneer SX-780

2009%5C01%5C22%5Cbikepics-1547361-800.jpg

almost perfect condition, with the exception of some dustyness. Someday I will own an SX-1980, the most powerful receiver ever made:)

Nice 780! I hear the 1250/1280 are very popular as well.

Back