• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My point is that your set-up is very, very ill-suited for home use, and even in their correct environment, those parts are probably not very good performers. For that kind of money, you could get a much better performing system, that is actually made for use indoors.

you would be surprised how much better this set-up sounds compared to some of the multi 1,000$ I have set up for others and the power use from the wall is only 2 amps. I can all ways set it up where it is true 4.1 or 5.1 or whatever I would like. it's almost better then the same-ish set-up in my car. I also don't have Nabors to **** off. also in no way are they "not very good performers". i guess you would haft to hear it to under stand and whats the fun if you don't experiment and find out what works.

you would be surprised how much better this set-up sounds compared to some of the multi 1,000$ I have set up for others and the power use from the wall is only 2 amps. I can all ways set it up where it is true 4.1 or 5.1 or whatever I would like. it's almost better then the same-ish set-up in my car. I also don't have Nabors to **** off. also in no way are they "not very good performers". i guess you would haft to hear it to under stand and whats the fun if you don't experiment and find out what works.

Dude. Drivers hanging from the roof without boxes don't sound good. That's just a fact. Using your car as a reference for 'good sound' isn't very optimal either, as cars by nature have very poor acoustics, and car systems very rarely are engineered for fidelity rather than loudness.

Now, I don't mind you experimenting, that's all good, but spending that much money on something like that isn't really smart, considering what you could get for the money.

no the hum was from the kicker amp. put another crunch on there sounds a lot better now. and that charger has been hooked up like that for 2 years and even when its not on the batts it still did it.

Can we have a mod delete all this talk. This is a thread for pics and slight discussion.

-pinky

Heres my living room setup. Klipsch RB-35s with an Adcom GFA-535II power amp and a GTP-450 tuner/preamp. Not pictured is my Squeezebox Duet...took this pic before I received it. Sounds pretty damn good! The RB-35s put out plenty of bass. For reference purposes...the TV is a 30".

IMG_1692.jpg

orig.jpg

My HD600's headband broke tonight :(

Not my image (HD650 pictured) but broken in the same place and same way. Ironically this makes the HD600s FAR FAR more comfortable, but I have to handle them very delicately. The sound seems unchanged, except for a slight bass reduction, but I don't know that for sure. Could easily be placebo.

Scott 1970's Amp + Insignia's

huq6af.jpg

2a9r4n9.jpg

Those Insignias are outstanding for the money, and sound even better with a few mods. Take some Bondo and hit the inside of the cabinet to seal the slots in the MDF, replace the stock foam damping material with fiberglass insulation, and hit the crossovers with new caps. Theyll really wake up then, and cost you about $20 to $30 in materials.

Those Insignias are outstanding for the money, and sound even better with a few mods. Take some Bondo and hit the inside of the cabinet to seal the slots in the MDF, replace the stock foam damping material with fiberglass insulation, and hit the crossovers with new caps. Theyll really wake up then, and cost you about $20 to $30 in materials.

yea i was thinking to do that mod later on but i'll use the money and buy another pair for the rear channel. for the center channel would it be bad to choose a different speaker? (insignia's sold as pairs) i hear choosing mismatched speakers = out of whack sound?

yea i was thinking to do that mod later on but i'll use the money and buy another pair for the rear channel. for the center channel would it be bad to choose a different speaker? (insignia's sold as pairs) i hear choosing mismatched speakers = out of whack sound?

I think they call that 'timber-matching', something dolby labs suggests.
But depends how mismatched they are.

I guess the last bottleneck to sort out is the room...

The room is always the hardest part to sort out. Im stuck with my big rig in the basement, which kind of sucks because the concrete absorbs alot of the bass. The old lady wont let me move it upstairs because my Fortes dont "mix well" with the decor, so she says. Lastly, congrats on those JBLs! How are the foam surrounds? Theyre awesome speakers.

Back