• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

ampere1pg4.jpg

ampere2od7.jpg

Edge manip of 1st pic

nightampic2.jpg

flashampxz3.jpg

Not bad for a 3.2mp point and shoot Canon A410.

Anyone else got some fun shots of their gear?

Not seeing your pics Barton, but I agree with your sig, real radios glow in the dark. :)

LOL
I chuckled when I read that sig, Think it`s aimed at my comments or at least one`s along the lines I posted. He knows.
Brilliant comeback and so well executed. All exchanges of differing opinons should be executed just like this LOL

Must get a camera bought, been busy playing with liquid cooling.

I can maybe still contend here with the DNM LED feature to show off the star earth paths.

(so technically my hi-fi`s a real one and glowes in the dark too. But only when turned off)
I need a new set of M8 spikes maybe I should get a valve kit why im at it.... always wanted a go at building one.

Lovely pics by the way.
Its some choice tackle very nice!

#note# I miss real cones of that dimension since my old missions surrounds perished (was just a poor choice in material. some kind of rubbish foam)
Big cones have a much easy`er time of staging all that low end enviroment detail. Its just a more shore footed kind of picture.
can happen with good small speakers but take`s a lot of power and occational over extention of diaphram. That horrible pop as a small cone hits the spider (if your lucky to have one on them) annoying when you carnt stage music at the level you want.
My neighbours get annoyed too on occasion (mostly loud ones LOL)
your ok if they like your choice of music... rarely happens.

Last edited:
Sir Barton
Q. Not got any Detroit Techno from late 80`s/early 90`s ?
I love that early detroit sound.... makes me feel younger for 5 minutes LOL
I think I broadend to like the whole musical spectrum eventually but I always loved the Techno.

Upsetting the neighbours seems directly proportionate to the ammount of power amp`s stuck on the system in my case. If I drive one loud seems no problem but two and I can get a quarter KW peak with no problems LOL

The power amp I`m waiting for is only around 30W but one of the best 30 watts any manufacturer has manage to achieve (bet I need more sensative speakers when the time comes)

#note# I think anything over 300 watt peak is`nt legal for domestic use in uk (can cause strucutral damage to buildings) <not sure if its still the case>

Fancy a real audio Sub but until I move im not gonna go there.

nd4spdbh2 - Love that Monitor with wall stand effect LOL... that`s one huge TV! clearly get the best AV entertainment shrine award with that setup. Impressive.

Last edited:
I dont have any Detroit techno, its a little too repetitive for me. I dig the psychedelic stuff because of the many layers and the atmosphere it provides. I ordered some new power tubes this weekend, the SED Winged C EL34s. I hear theyre pretty good. Im currently running the Electro Harmonix 6CA7 fat bottles for the output stage. I seen a nice matched quad of NOS Mullard EL34s on eBay, but $700 is too much for me to spend on tubes. I might buy some different 6922/ECC88/6N1P tubes for the preamp stage and see how it goes. Those types of tubes are pretty cheap...some of the Russian sellers peddle em 10 for $20.

I can try and talk you into buying the $700 option if you like LOL
A valve swap out at the pre stage should have a fair honest effect on the valve`s you try. It`s the most sensative part of the chain in terms of signal and bandwidth.
As with any component the pre-stage can make or break the overall effect totally.

(The difference in every aspect is astounding with my pre-in place it really does push everything else to perform its absolute best.)

Time for a V-DAC myself, Triple rad&Fans turned up earlyer. Lots of coolant 5L lol
and 11 fans later you can turn them all down to very near silent running and finally hear the last tiny detail of decay and enviroment detail within a recording.
Thanks to all on the waterboard(Water cool forum) for advice!
Have my big slice of gaming cake and eat it too now. yum yum.

I have no decent coax out on my mobo how can I sort it out.
my connection try out prefs would be COAX, Optical, USB.
really want to use a decent Hi-Fi COAX cable to get the last drop out of it plus I can try out the CD player with outboard DAC to see how it really performs.

Still in college so only have the funds to toy around with a few things.

My most fun project was building these two woofers.
Tuba 24

Can you say 30hz at 90+dB That is with a smaller wattage woofer and one tuba 24, not really sure what mine is. They each have a dayton 300watt 10inch in there. To say they shake the house is a huge understatement. I anxiously await the day I have time/money to build a sub woofer

DSCN2281.jpg

old picture of home theater set up.
DSCN1196.jpg

Uses these two voight pipes for front speakers. Here is a pic of me painting them up. They use fostex drivers

sp1.jpg

The home theater uses 7.1x2 The surround speakers are free. Front mid, rear are dual 4inch and 1inch tweater. Sides are single 4inch and 1 inch tweeter.

Projector is http://www.projectorcentral.com/EIKI-LC-X985.htm