• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not much quality gear here, saving up for something a little better,

amp.jpg

big.jpg

That's a 120MM fan.

heh. Yes thats a 250W Car amp being powered by a 200W FSP PSU, you can see the two speakers in the background.

Last edited:
my attempt at controlled chaos :)

i try not to be a slob, at least the top is clean.. ill get to the rest later :sn:

and my trusty dusty h/k

freeagent the placement of your speakers makes me cry :( I'm guessing you are in tight quarters and it can't be helped, but seriously 1/2 the quality is gone before the speaker even 'speaks'.

How are you running that anyways? I see 2 sets of front mains and a sub? 2.2.1?

yessir, shes pretty tight in this area :( they do good about 11 inches from the wall, and 7 feet apart. the smaller missions i only turn on for movies heheh :) if i kick my chair back about 5 feet or so they sound decent, but not like before. i used em on my old adcom system that i had setup downstairs. the only reason i have this the way it is, is because my dog will not go down to the basement, i am a celler dweller :) when she was a pup, she slid off of the top of the stairs and took the express route down, and pretty hard too.. since then she avoids those stairs like the plague. she is a great dane, so i guess now that shes taller, it seems higher, or something.. thats something only caeser can answer :D

and yes, it is a 2.1 setup :) i found this hk3400 at a pawn shop for 100 bux! i have its older brother in the basement, its an h/k 550vxi, both are the high current, high voltage model, but the 3400 has a sub output :thup:

headphonerig.jpg

Here's the current total package. Speakers aren't connected to anything atm. I used to have a harman kardon AVR controlling and powering my 2.1 HK/Velodyne setup, but when I got this new headphone gear it totally destroyed the HK stuff in quality so I don't even use it anymore and moved it out.

I'll be moving from my apt to a house in a month or so, so my place will change quite a bit :D

Last edited:
Wow, thats pretty intense everyone... I was just about to start looking for some smaller headphone amps. I'm thinking about grabbing some HD 650s. Or Berdynamic 770s.

Might have to go troll some on head-fi. :D

freeagent the placement of your speakers makes me cry :( I'm guessing you are in tight quarters and it can't be helped, but seriously 1/2 the quality is gone before the speaker even 'speaks'.

How are you running that anyways? I see 2 sets of front mains and a sub? 2.2.1?

At least he has more separation than I do. My setup is incredibly cramped right now.

Oh well, someday when I get a larger place, I will be all set.

I will try to snap a pic tonight.

Been Busy and when I get back its turned into an enthusiast thread... like it.
Good enthusiasm peops LOL
Been installing another rad to reduce fan use in the goal of a totally silent PC.
Will produce a pic fest of my audio/visual shrine real soon (its an education in what happens when you dont stop yourself from upgradeaholism <-- new word maybe?)
#But my real mission was to bump this thead.... HA HA HARrrrr#
#chuckles#

Last edited:
I don't really have any super system, but I have a quite nice amplifier, A Luxman A120 MK2, which I use to drive a 150W Pioneer sub:

IMG_0046-5.jpg

IMG_0034-6.jpg

Those are some heatpipes:

IMG_0038-5.jpg

Specs:
2x120W or 1x300W bridged
>110dB SNR
15Hz-100kHz (Yes, 100 000Hz. Pointless, but a great penis extender ;))

Unfortunately, I managed to bust a cap in it a little while ago, so I'm awaiting a bunch of new ones. I run my sub off of a totally awesome 2x30W AKAI reciever with one broken channel until it's fixed.

For my mid/treb speakers (stereo) I run an old half-mediocre Pioneer SA-330. It's decent enough, but not exactly super.

I'll post pics of my speakers tomorrow.

I don't really have any super system, but I have a quite nice amplifier, A Luxman A120 MK2, which I use to drive a 150W Pioneer sub:

Specs:
2x120W or 1x300W bridged
>110dB SNR
15Hz-100kHz (Yes, 100 000Hz. Pointless, but a great penis extender ;))

Have you tried scaring dogs away? :D

this is recommended: "Ultrasonic sound: 80 to 115dB; Frequency sweep: 18 kHz to 24 kHz."

heres my set up, its VERY OLD. back in like 2001- 2002 lol

havnt really upgraded except for the big screen upstairs.

Yamaha HTR 5460 still getting great sound =]

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

dust is authentic =p this doesnt stay as clean as my pcs

Have you tried scaring dogs away? :D

this is recommended: "Ultrasonic sound: 80 to 115dB; Frequency sweep: 18 kHz to 24 kHz."

I should really try once I get it back up and running. I'm not sure my speakers will do that high tones, though :beer:

EDIT: Speaker pics:

My 30W Tandberg mids, 6". They do have tweeters, but I don't use them, as the high-pass filters are broken :( In a way it's good, as they aren't optimally placed for high tones.

IMG_0071-4.jpg

These are my tweeters. The boxes come from an old TV, and are actually really good. The whole side is covered by a filter board. The ~2.5" speakers are ripped from some bigger floor-standing ones with busted boxes and woofers. About 20W nom.

IMG_0073-3.jpg

This is my sub. It was in a car accident. Aside from two cracks in the cone (thus the duct tape), it has no issues. Not a bad speaker for being free. 150W RMS.

And these are my current amplifiers. The temporary """""bass""""" amp on top. It's got ok-ish sound, but, well, with 30W it isn't gonna drive a 150W speaker very good. SNR on the Pioneer isn't exactly great, though.

IMG_0074-3.jpg

As you can see, this system isn't exactly state-of-the-art, but I haven't paid even one cent for it, and with the right EQ settings, it can achieve some pretty impressive sound.

And the busted cap in my Luxman :(:

IMG_0433.jpg

Last edited:
This is my bedroom setup. It's a bit cramped and a small room, but I managed to make everything fit and sound amazing. The speakers are Ellis 1801 sealed speakers finished in Pau Ferro wood by Jim Salk (of salksound.com.) The sub in the corner (barely seen) is a Rhythmik F15, a 15" servo sub. I am using a Crown XLS 402 (400w at 4ohms) pro amp to power the speakers and my old Yamaha rx-v2400 receiver as a pre/pro. I am using the optical out from my chaintech av-710 to my receiver. And late at night I use my trusty Grado SR-225's hooked up to my receiver's headphone out.

Attachments

• tvspeaker.jpg
    tvspeaker.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,737
  • wholeroom.jpg
    wholeroom.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 2,759
Last edited:
Jizzzared, good description there. I bet that 15" thumps like a beast.

My newest project

DSCN0001.jpg

will add pictures as it comes together and more parts arrive.

Back