• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice set up. Not particularly a huge fan of large tower speakers, but those fit the motif pretty well.
Thanks. Yeah they are huge, but so is the sound that comes from them. Magnepan speakers are not exactly high in the WAF (wife acceptance factor) which is not a burden I have anyways. They are also very demanding of the proper placement (4-5 feet out from the back wall). They are 4ohm and low sensitivity, requiring huge power to really come alive. If you can get past these hurdles, they are fantastic speakers. I actually have 3 pairs of them, the 3a's, MG1 IMP's, and a set of tympani 1d's that are hardwood framed and fully tricked out (don't have the space for them here). I look at speakers like women, I can look past any physical shortfalls as long as they are relatively pleasing to the eyes, and are functionally superior to others that are available ;)

Thanks. Yeah they are huge, but so is the sound that comes from them. Magnepan speakers are not exactly high in the WAF (wife acceptance factor) which is not a burden I have anyways. They are also very demanding of the proper placement (4-5 feet out from the back wall). They are 4ohm and low sensitivity, requiring huge power to really come alive. If you can get past these hurdles, they are fantastic speakers. I actually have 3 pairs of them, the 3a's, MG1 IMP's, and a set of tympani 1d's that are hardwood framed and fully tricked out (don't have the space for them here). I look at speakers like women, I can look past any physical shortfalls as long as they are relatively pleasing to the eyes, and are functionally superior to others that are available ;)

You should have been a poet... :ty:

I haven't posted since 2011 and quite a bit has changed. I still have my Polk Audio (fronts + sub) on my desktop, and I built an HTPC system shortly after I moved into a new apartment. It is not as fancy as most in here, but it works and sounds great.

LG 47LB6300 47" "smart" (slow as all hell) TV
Klipsch Synergy F-20
Klipsch Synergy S-10
Klipsch Synergy C-20
Yamaha RX-V573

HTPC:
Silverstone ML06B
Intel I3-4130T 1150 socket processor
Gigabyte Mini ITX GA-B85N
GSkill Ares 8gb DDR3
Silverstone ST30SF 300w
Crucial M500 120gb mSATA SSD

PS3/PS4
XBone (regrets)
WiiU
Dish Receiver

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0814-Edit.jpg

IMG_0819-Edit.jpg

And then just flat out overkill

I haven't posted since 2011 and quite a bit has changed. I still have my Polk Audio (fronts + sub) on my desktop, and I built an HTPC system shortly after I moved into a new apartment. It is not as fancy as most in here, but it works and sounds great.

LG 47LB6300 47" "smart" (slow as all hell) TV
Klipsch Synergy F-20
Klipsch Synergy S-10
Klipsch Synergy C-20
Yamaha RX-V573

HTPC:
Silverstone ML06B
Intel I3-4130T 1150 socket processor
Gigabyte Mini ITX GA-B85N
GSkill Ares 8gb DDR3
Silverstone ST30SF 300w
Crucial M500 120gb mSATA SSD

PS3/PS4
XBone (regrets)
WiiU
Dish Receiver

View attachment 178405

View attachment 178403

View attachment 178404

And then just flat out overkill

why are your rear surrounds on the floor?

The only way I see upgrading from Emotiva is if I have tremendous expendable income for Pass Labs amps.

Haha yeah, send a pair of Xs-300's my way if you hit it big like that. Maybe a forklift too, because those beasts are 300 lbs a channel. And I thought I had reason to complain about the 80 lbs of the XPA-1's. Speaking of the XPA-1's Voodoo, did you have to cut the back out of that stand you got to fit them in there? If not what brand is it, and where did you get it? As I found nothing that was deep enough to house those beasts without a saw being involved lol.

Any love for headphone audio systems? Living in an apartment complex means I have to at least pretend I care about other people which equals keeping the volume down.

bVkxr2Bh.jpg

Posted the Modi/Magni in the General Hardware thread, figure I'd post this here too.

I'll have to clean up that side of my desk at some point, mainly to move the box of spinning magnetic platters to the other side. So far it hasn't been noticeable though. But got one of the new Modi Multibits feeding a Magni 2 Uber. Switch between the BD 600 Ohm Dt990s and the HiFiMan HE400is depending on what I'm playing.

Then off to the side you got my pride and joy, the Pyle PFA 200 upgraded with a monster 60w powerbrick, driving a set of Sony SS-B1000s (one just barely seen). I know I know, took a lot of time and effort putting those together. Even I'm amazed I got my hands on that.

I have some Senneiser 558 headphones for when the family is sleeping. I really like how they sound.

Still have my Stax electrostatic cans. They're 40 years old and sound more crisp than my ears can discern now.

built me a subwoofer enclosure for my surround sound. came out pretty well, still have some tinkering to do with it.
also please excuse potato quality pix my lense cover on my phone broke and now its slowly getting more full of dust. time for a new one i guess.
sub.jpg sub2.jpg sub3.jpg

How's that sound? I considered building my own, but in the end I came to the conclusion I didn't have the time or knowledge (Size/volume/tuning/etc) to build what I wanted. It would have taken me weeks of free time (working an hour here or there) to build something that nice!

How's that sound? I considered building my own, but in the end I came to the conclusion I didn't have the time or knowledge (Size/volume/tuning/etc) to build what I wanted. It would have taken me weeks of free time (working an hour here or there) to build something that nice!

pretty good so far, i have summore stuff to do like relocate it and track down the low "hum" it has when idle might need a different amp. it is super low, i might need to do something to supplement between it and my towers towers do great but there is a lack of sound now between im guessing like 30hz and 50 idk like i said i need to play with it more, its tuned for 20hz and boy il tell you what 20hz is mean.

edit: after some testing and whatnot i think im going to grab up a pair of 10" polks to fill the gap from infrasonic to 30hz on the big sub to the 60+hz on the towers. and if need be im looking at a 1kw amp to power the 12 up a bit :)

Last edited:
Got center channel? :attn:

Not mounting it until my electrical updates are complete. They consist of 4 dedicated 20A lines to the living room. Three for the amps, one for the TV and associated low power electronics.

Attachments

• IMG_6875.jpeg
    IMG_6875.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 154
Weekend project: 4x20A lines to the living room, raised the TV, added the center channel, and recessed LED lighting on dimmer.

One circuit for each Emotiva XPA-1, and one dedicated to the other electronics.

IMG_7007.JPG IMG_7009.JPG IMG_7010.JPG IMG_7011.JPG

Back