• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit AV8 Error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdf_warrior

I recently was given an old Alienware box with hardware still in tact. The previous owner didn't remember whether it booted before it was given to me or not because he hasn't touched it in several years. I took all hardware out of the case to clean it, and then decided to try to boot it. So I shorted the pins on the PSU and tried to power it on. the PSU comes on, mobo powers up, but all I get is a 0.2. error on the motherboard. I looked up the manual for the motherboard and found every code but that one. There are no beep sequences, just the code. I have the mobo, psu, ram, cpu, keyboard, hdd, video card, and a monitor attached to it and thats it. Everything, to my knowledge, is plugged up correctly. Has anyone else ever seen this error? Have any ideas of what it may be? I dont absolutely HAVE to have this machine running, but I figured since I had the hardware, I'd play with it..

Back