• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nfs under cover wont patch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cabose1227

I get an error when I try to patch nfs undercover(old file not found, a similar file was found but does not match the old one?????). I cant figure it out, does anyone have any idea? I had the same problem with the fallout 3 patch but I forgot how to fix it. Thanks

NEW problem- my xbox 360 controler for windows in the game is stuck at 10% left all the time so I cant drive strait. I have tried reinstal and everything.

the drivers for the xb360 controller for windows SUCK. There is no dead zone control in the drivers. The only time it will not happen is when the game itself can tune the dead zone. As for the patch, maybe it already went through once? or you used a no-cd patch?

Other than that, I'm not sure, its a file check to make sure that you don't update anything if you don't need to. The only way I can think to actually fix it is re-install the game.

I had the xbox controler working for a couple weeks but I have no idea why all of a suden it stoped working :(, I cant play the game until I fix this and I tried reinstaling the game.

which version of the patch are you trying to use? I used the enUS version (since my game is english) and it worked fine for me. took maybe 1 minute at most and it was finished. I am also playing the Direct2Drive version of the game.

have you tried contacting EA support? (they suck but this one they might be able to handle :rolleyes:)

I have no idea why you'd have this much trouble running a simple update. If you put in the disk, and on the autorun window that comes up, click "Check for Updates" does it ask you to download the update again?

I asked if he used a no-cd patch and that particular question was never answered. That could very well the problem if you are using one.

knowing the fact tht this thread has been inactive for quite some some time..

but i was hoping if some guys here would help me out

i seem to have the similar issue as cabose1227
and im using a no-cd crack..

ive completed the game so was hoping to chk the challenger series patch.. but it doesnt patch...

i have NFS UC English, and im tryin to update it using the enUS patch.. which is in my downloads at 41.6mb ..

so any ideas on wht can be done?

thnx for ur help...

well Richard.. ur r rite my game isnt legal .. got it of a torrent..
but still the problem remains...
cannot patch..

earlier when i first installed NFS UC.. i tried patching.. but at tht time it gave me an error of lang.ini.. did a bit of googlin and most of the topics suggested i do a reinstall.. so reinstall kinda solved the "lang.ini" error but now im with a new error.. :(

i appreciate ur help Richard :)

i have exactly the same error and my version of NFS undercover is 100% legal. currently i have it on origin and when i try to patch, i get the same message as cabose1227.

i use no cd patches for all my games legal or not,i hate to have find and load up a disk every time i want to play a game,if i wanted to have to do that i would just play on my xbox/ps3 lol.
but never had any problems patching any NFS games with no cd patches,maybe run the patch with "run as admin"?

You have to use the original EXE in order to patch. So you have to find the original nfs.exe, THEN patch, then copy the no-CD patch back on.

works for me this way =)

Back