• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dolk's Guide to the Phenom II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
P95 Blend mode for at least 20 miins or until it fails or errors with HWMonitor FREE open and logging min and max temps/volts and it opened and showing all voltages thru the package/core temps. Attach to the forum along with 3 captures of CPUz which is Cpu Tab, Memory tab and SPD tab. Those three captures uploaded each by themselves is the 'thing' that gets us up and running. Start thread in cpu forum section.
Luck man.
RGone...

As-Salam-O-Alaikum (Hello to every one)
I am very new here and really appreciate/salute all of you specially to Dolk (who put this guide for overclocking) for his impressive work as I also did my very first successful overclocking (again thanks to Dolk). Please take note that if any one (who is a fan of amd) wants to overclock his/her cpu must read this guide with patience first and than try what ever you learn from this guide "as I did first" and you can achieve your goal in overclocking. Now for Rgone. You really are very much helpful to every one in this forum. I like and honor your efforts to teach and try to resolve other forum members problems in this regard.

Regards to everyone and again specially to Dolk and Rgone.

- - - Updated - - -

As-Salam-O-Alaikum (Hello to every one)
I am very new here and really appreciate/salute all of you specially to Dolk (who put this guide for overclocking) for his impressive work as I also did my very first successful overclocking (again thanks to Dolk). Please take note that if any one (who is a fan of amd) wants to overclock his/her cpu must read this guide with patience first and than try what ever you learn from this guide "as I did first" and you can achieve your goal in overclocking. Now for Rgone. You really are very much helpful to every one in this forum. I like and honor your efforts to teach and try to resolve other forum members problems in this regard.

Regards to everyone and again specially to Dolk and Rgone.

I agree that DOLK did an excellent job with the tutorial you refer to. It takes about 3 times of reading so the terminology becomes more real and then getting into the bios on one's own motherboard and *doing* the deed to really get the feel of what overclocking is all about. He goes into detail about what is to be expected as the "normal" end result and that what to expect as the result is great reading.

It is always great to know that work and help is actually bringing postitive results.

Thank you kindly,
RGone...

I realize I'm a few years late to the party, but I have a Phenom II 970 black that I have been trying to OC over 4.0ghz. No matter what I try if i go over 4.0 by much it becomes really unstable. I've seen other people claim to get this cpu up to 4.2 or higher but I haven had any luck over 4ghz. I have been running it at 3.8 for years, this week I got a new graphics card and feel like my processor is holding me back so I was trying to eek out some more performance. any advice?
I have:
coolermaster 212 fan
haf 912 case with several fans
asus board M5A97
corsair 8 gb ram xms3 1333 (currently i have clocked at 1600 and have upped voltage slightly)
asus strix gtx 960 (new this week replaced a 550ti)

Hey bullshiz, welcome to OCF.
My guess right now would be cooling is the issue with just a hyper 212. It's good for the money but limited.
You'll get much more help if you start your own thread in the AMD CPU section here. Typically older threads like this don't get a lot of attention.

Hi... I've been reading the op post and I like it very much, but before I follow it I'de like if op or other user can see my actual config and tell me if is some I need to change. I have a Phenom II X4 965 BE on a Asus M4A89GTD/Pro with 2x4gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz ram. In normal tasks I have a stable confirg, but ingame (CS or GTA V) I've crashes after some minutes. The temp is good, not very high.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/umuktfi96p26qml/IMG_20151026_003849[1].jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdofa99atx6c60r/IMG_20151026_003910[1].jpg?dl=0

Welcome to OCF Frizzer
I can't access your photos from this PC right now. My suggestion would be to start a new thread of your own in the AMD CPU section and post the pics direcly. You can use the third ICON from the right in the top of the reply box to attach photos or links

Hi Frizzer,

I don't check this thread as much as I used to. Please use imgur to upload photos. Surprisingly, that website is often not blocked compared to dropbox.

Hi... I've been reading the op post and I like it very much, but before I follow it I'de like if op or other user can see my actual config and tell me if is some I need to change. I have a Phenom II X4 965 BE on a Asus M4A89GTD/Pro with 2x4gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz ram. In normal tasks I have a stable confirg, but ingame (CS or GTA V) I've crashes after some minutes. The temp is good, not very high.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/umuktfi96p26qml/IMG_20151026_003849[1].jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdofa99atx6c60r/IMG_20151026_003910[1].jpg?dl=0

Here is a link to a thread I started about my 970, I have fairly similar equipment to yours. Reading through this might help. But starting your own thread is probably best. check post #107 that is what I have had the best results with so far.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/764642-Amd-phenom-ii-970-be/page6

Well, about that Turbo Button...
I was looking for it too, the button I was trying, was connected to the reset-connection on the mainboard. The mainboard might have a separately Turbo-connection for it, or it will be used automatically, or bij settings I guess.
Actually careless of me, because I connected it all myself. :)

Back