• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam problem, I put wrong age and now it won't let me pre-order lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

technoViking

Anyone know hwo to reset the cookies in Steam? I went to go pre-order Dawn of war II and it asked my birth date and I put my year as 1999. So it said I can't access this page so I can't pre-order.

I figure if i can't find a way to clear the cookies/cache I will just go to another computer download steam and pre-order it from there then downlaod it on this computer.

Clear internet explorer cookies? It uses the same back-end, so maybe the cookies are stored there?

1999 eh? So that makes you one of them whiny 9 year olds who voice is so high...

lol i did this with fallout 3's website. it wouldn't let me log on to the website for a month. resetting the cookies didnt work for me.

Yah, nothing seemed to work, cleared everything from IE (yah Steam does use IE as the default and i don't see an option to change it to firefox). But clearing cache, temp files, cookies, etc, still won't leg me log in, I'll just download it from another computer :(

I just did the same thing... a quick google and it takes me here!! Wooo!!

Edit: I put my DOB as September 11th... 2009... according to Steam i don't exist yet...

Just go to: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files and remove all files. Restart steam, it should work.

I have done this before and just deleting/clearing saved data and cookies in your default browser should do it with a restart of Steam. You may want to exit steam before doing so and then restart after you have deleted everything.

I just did the same thing... a quick google and it takes me here!! Wooo!!

Edit: I put my DOB as September 11th... 2009... according to Steam i don't exist yet...

not to call you guys necromancers or anything. but yeah. this is a 2 year old thread.
I think he figured it out.

For Windows 7 (and Vista and XP)just shutdown Steam, all the way. Close the icon in the tray to the Right side of you task bar. That's all you need to do. No need to clear your browser/cookies or temp internet files.

Back