• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No LAN connections available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

him_damian

hi i am having this strange problem...
after rebooting my PC today, suddenly i couldnt find any LAN connection icon in the taskbar. I dont have any PCI lan card, using the onboard one.
i checked my network connections, and there was no Local area connection icon, only the 1394 connection. the lan cable is plugged in on the motherbnoard, and the port is blinking. Also the port on my modem is showing data transfer on.
tried reinstalling the drivers from my motherboard CD, but in vain.

Also, my BIOS is not showing anything about LAN connection in the on-board peripherals part. Thus i cannot check wether its enabled or disabled.

In the device manager, there is no other network adapter than the 1394 adapter, hence, the troubleshoot doesnt work.

i am unable to connect to the internet as i use the LAN to connect to it.

PLEASE HELP !!!!
:shrug:

Do you have any yellow question marks in the device manager? What motherboard are you using? Most likely either the driver was corrupted or something happened to the NIC hardware.

Oh, and welcome to OCForums :)

Do you have any yellow question marks in the device manager? What motherboard are you using? Most likely either the driver was corrupted or something happened to the NIC hardware.

Oh, and welcome to OCForums :)

THANKS for da welcome...

i do not have any yellow question marks in device manager. the thing is, it was showing my lan adapter until yesterday, but today there is only the 1394 adapter....

like my whole hardware is missing. no change even after installing the drivers....

my motherboard is asus m3n78-em

Last edited:
In the BIOS go to the Advanced tab, Chipset, Southbridge Configuration. There should be a selection to make sure the Onboard LAN is Enabled (page 2-29 in the manual).

In the BIOS go to the Advanced tab, Chipset, Southbridge Configuration. There should be a selection to make sure the Onboard LAN is Enabled (page 2-29 in the manual).

i did find the bios settings.... they r set to 'enabled'
but still... no network card detected...

Have you scanned for hardware changes from device manager? Highlight your computer name there, then go to actions>scan for hardware changes. This is supposed to detect installed hardware that is not being recognized.

Otherwise, run a diagnostic of some sort. If your manufacturer provides one, that would be best, otherwise you may try something like PC doctor. It would be interesting to see if that detects a malfunctioning device at all.

Back